Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

should i continue with computer science?

Started by purgatorium [1928209] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 319 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
purgatorium [1928209]

Just wanna say this game is awesome and it really does get more and more fun as you go along. When i started I had never played this game before and I maybe should have done more research, but when prompted to begin my education i picked computer science. Is it a good field? What can be done with it if I continue? I do plan on taking sports science after I'm finished with computer science too. Thank you so much for helping me!
Franky [1529693]

Other than the ability to code viruses and being able to send mail anonymously not much else you can do with it. It will help in the long run to get the silicone valley honor (code 100 viruses) but you're probably better off at this stage doing Sports Science to help with gym gains. Up to you to decide though
MitchWill [1935586]

I'm also doing the Computer Science track. I was told you can make a lot of money selling them and even more when you unlock hacking crimes.

How far along are you on it? I'm only able to make Simple Viruses right now.
Tempest [1867527] Wiki Contributor

You can't make much money by coding and selling viruses.

Best to do Sports Science, as it will help you with gym gains.

You can also do history,as doing it will unlock some city finds and you will get museum too.
Queequeg [1602158]

I liked the history degree for making money. You can convert flowers, plushies, and artifacts for points. And the occasional artifact city find is nice. You can make much more money converting things to points than the comp sci viruses can. Then I did the sports science degree. In the beginning my stats weren't high enough to make much of a difference for the increase gym gains. My Torn wife did SS first then history, so it's all in how you want to play. I still have not finished the comp sci degree, I'm planning on finishing that second to last.
dunmugmeh [538353]

I did general first and then history. After that i cherry picked the individual courses which boost stats. After that i just finished all the bachelors 1 by 1 starting with any fighting related stuff and finishing with the fluff like business management etc.
EmperorGarm [1682299]

Sports Science is usually considered the best education course to start with. Biology, Psychology and History (for the city finds) are also good early choices. Computer Science is okay, but should be done later because you'll need a strong nerve bar to be successful at Hacking crimes, the only real money maker in that education string. Law should also be done later.

Health & Fitness and Self-Defense are also good, but I would recommend doing these after Sports Science, Biology and Psychology.

Business you should only consider late or if you want to have your own business.
LoveFaithHope [1910082]

From what I see, you're only talking about the first course from Computer Science and not the whole Computer Science Degree.
I think it's fine if you only start and took the first course, just let it finish so you gained can start writing Viruses, which has a merit to gain.

Like most people said, after the first course for Computer Science ended, can go for other courses in Sport Science degree.