Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

trade

Started by badcode [1917017] on in Bugs & Issues.

16 replies · 406 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
39
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

badcode [1917017]

was trading 20 dp's. theanomaly started trade, i added my dp's, he added his money, i accepted and system count down started his side showed the 490 million my side showed 20 dps. i then accepted after countdown was complete and next screen came up saying trade complete. but, i never received cash and dps were gone. if trade is changed midstream i thought the system was supposed to void transaction. Trade completed - 13/07/15 - 4:47:23 PM trade complete screen shows no money in transaction, but it was there before i clicked second accept. this was not caught.
Jenkins [1774395]

After talking to them both straight after this occurred, TheAnomaly thinks its a well executed scam while BadCode doesn't know what happened, he seen the money and accepted. When the trade was complete he didn't have the money but TheAnomaly had the DP's,
TheAnomaly then set a trade with me to show me what he done... I added 1 beer, he added $1. I accepted the trade, seeing his $1 and my beer. When the trade was complete he got my beer i didn't get his $1.

I don't know how he done this and iv'e never come across this before.
-Clansdancer [65306]

Why do you all even post in bug reports that have nothing to do with you -_-

Items returned to your items list - you will not have gotten an event you will just have to look in your items list.
sharkeyfive [1151690]

It has something to do with us ... we play this game, and want to know about these abusers. Especially the ones that don't get punished. We might fall for it if we don't know about it and we wouldn't want that would we ?
One rule for all I say
Jibun [1842699]

An error in the trade system... Sounds awful.
Couldn't agree more with sharkey.
Would be nice to know it's fixed, we're safe and the guy abusing the system was fedded.
I saw somebody in trade chat complaining that TheAnomaly somehow took their castle... Maybe he used the same trick.

Edit: Clansdancer in another thread:
"There was a flaw in the trade system which we have fixed and the user actually assisted. You guys are on a proper witch hunt! Relax!
I have placed your dual axes back in your items list. You won't receive an event as I just moved the item into your items list.
Thanks!"


KamiMehell [966581]

Out of curiosity; If someone else have been a victim of TheAnomalys cheating, will they also be given back the items they lost?
Thanks for doing a good job and find the bug. Now I look forward to seeing this cheater in fed, account marked for deletion.


KamiMehell [966581]

As far as I know he havent scammed, or even tried to scam me.
When I have chatted with TheAnomaly he seems like a friendly and quite smart person, so I actually have hopes that he will turn around and stop scamming.
Everyone makes mistakes, the smart ones learn from them.
Jibun [1842699]

It sounds more like bug abuse than scamming, dont you think?
People dont care much though or even mistake one for another.
(Speaking about this in chat only resulted in bounties.)
Okay scamming is legal but a bug in the Trade system seems extremely important to me.
We probably cant be told the reasons why the bug abuser is NOT fedded.
But I hope the bug has really been fixed, at least.