Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bounty Update

Started by Dead--Man [1895400] on in Graveyard.

145 replies · 872 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 146 / 146 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
146
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Ceb [68232] ×1 Unknown_Element [450910] ×1 cDc [1194103] ×1 Vshack [1846174] ×1 OmegaTheGreat [1916651] ×1

Dead--Man [1895400]

With permission from Ceb [68232] to post this.



There should be an incremental minimum cost multiplier for frequent bounties with a cooldown over time. If no bounties are placed within the next 48 hours then it goes back to the previous increment. The cost of placing bounties will increased by 10% for every 50 bounties and decrease by 20% if no bounties are placed within 48 hours.

Lets say I received 50 $100,000 bounties. For the next bounty, it will cost the bountier $110,000 to place a $100,000 bounty. If the bountied doesn't receive a bounty within 48 hours, the cost of placing a $100,000 bounty goes back to $100,000 from $110,000.


Mentions: Ceb [68232]

Dead--Man [1895400]

xxx says:



But you see the reason Im getting hardcore bountied right now is because I literally downvoted this guy's post. Thats literally it. We didnt say anything. He just spam bounty. I dont dare click another button in the forums

Kakabu [1932221]

This is a great suggestion, and I hope that people will listen to this versus attack it like they did my thread.
Dead--Man [1895400]

xxx says:



seems like a good idea but to higher player they dont care becasuse they can afford to spend billions and noob cannot.
i been max bounty for 5 weeks
i said 1 thing in global and got bounty by krakfreak so will never talk in forum or global again
it their club so fine they can have it

you can quote me i guess

Cwalen [1920920]

I'ld be all for this if my experience of being bountied was painful.

I am sure faction players, and the very poor and young will find it troublesome.



If you have a few hundred million in the bank, and no need for med cool down, bountying is them wasting very little of their time and money, and you wasting a little of each.

But I like the idea of protecting the defenseless. Perhaps it is worth coding for new player retention.




Dead--Man [1895400]
xxx says:

I remember one time, I was bountied simply for being married to some person that pissed off the guy. It went for like three weeks.
daub [1869454]

Not sure how giving more power to stronger players is a solution for stronger players having too much power. I would downvote but you and tweedledum seem to be on the edge over this and I don't want to be charged with manslaughter.
Dead--Man [1895400]

This suggestion is lessening their power to spam bounties... The more bounties received on a person, the more it will cost to place them.

Lets say I received 50 $100,000 bounties. For the next bounty, it will cost the bountier $110,000 to place a $100,000 bounty. If the bountied doesn't receive a bounty within 48 hours, the cost of placing a $100,000 bounty goes back to $100,000 from $110,000.
daub [1869454]

But it only penalises poorer players. The suggested increments are nothing to even an average player. It's like VAT (sales tax).
KrakFreak [9170]

if people would behave and show some respect they wouldnt get bounties... coming into global, spamming the shit out of it , calling people names.. basically being a tard will earn you bounties.... its commen sense.. dont be dumb, you wont get mass bounties..

also complaining about bounties will certainly lead to more... gt a few bounties isnt all that bad.. ill put a few on anyone that enters global and wait for people to cry about it ... if they do.. they get more... if you cant handle a few bounties then this game isnt for you . go try tetris.. i heard thats a nice easy game.
daub [1869454]

That's a good point. I'll take it on the chin. Fewer players could spam bounty. And more players could be annoying. I feel we should err on the side of those who've invested most in the game.
Dead--Man [1895400]

those beggars and trolls tend to quit.... so you won't need to spam more than 50 bounties on them... they also tend to be 30 days old or less... the ones that spam and flame get chat banned or fedded most of the time... there are quite a few players that receive bounties for the smallest offenses...