Are they that important? I feel like my main weapon is powerful enough idk why i need an entire arsenal
Are temp weapons really needed?
Started by purgatorium [1928209] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 11
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
Are they that important? I feel like my main weapon is powerful enough idk why i need an entire arsenal
I believe flash grenades are extremely useful because you can make it so that the opponent cant hit you, its a defensive pffensive ability
Yes with the right one you can temporarily blind or disorientate your opponent and cause them to miss a couple of times allowing yourself to perhaps get in a couple of more shots...
thanks never realized that :) gonna pick somethin up now, good on ya
You also need to keep working on your stats... It won't do any good to "blind" them for a few seconds if you don't have the speed to land a blow or strength to make it count... [:wink:]
KAT
lol too right. I used to love to spend all my energy on attacking innocent people in these browser games til i realized i had no stats and my character sucked lol. Now i have a mansion and try to train daily. I still have no real idea about good training techniques like taking an ounce of coke and doing sit-ups. It'll come to me i guess
Try going to the tutorials and guides section of the forum and looking at hanks trainingguide
I've heard smoke grenade works well when you're fighting in faction wars, as it will blind them longer. And will take someone out of the fight for a few minutes. Some people debate weather tear gas is better for defending from attackers, while flash bangs are better for attacking. Tear gas is cheaper.
If you finish the bio degree you'll be able to equip drugs that will give you more battle stats or life. So that's good, but I have never used them.
Flash grenades have saved me from losing a few fights.
Yeah im doing the bio degree. Not sure if i'll use it that much but yeah a far as regular temps go id say most of them are pointless but there is no reason for them not to be there
The answer is yes. It will make an assured win be questionable if the reason I'm going to win is my hit ratio combined with my strength. If you're fighting someone far stronger or far weaker they won't matter; but it is HUGE for the people that can swing either way. So huge in fact, that I just sit and wait for the longer timers to run down. I can't always do that though because of time constraints. So for offense it can easily sway the battle; defense if your enemy is patient/ strong enough enough it won't matter.
I always have Flash grenades equipped when defending, they can make all the difference.
I've won a few fights where I've been defending and I threw my flash bang. But the attack just keeps attacking rather than waiting the 20 seconds for the effect to wear off. And when I saw a few, I mean something like 3.
edit (was just agee'ing with you that it is huge)
Also, keep in mind that one of the finishing hits merits is for finishing with a temporary weapon. If you chase merits, eventually you'll want that. I recommend working on it while you work on another type of finishing hit. You only get to use one temp weapon per fight, which means timing it is critical if you want to finish with the temp weapon. If your timing is wrong and it doesn't finish them, then you may as will get the finish with another weapon type that you also need the merit in. And if you think "I need to take them down some before I use the temp weapon" and it kills them before you use it, again, you want that finish to help with the other weapon.
I do think that temp weapons can be the difference in winning a fight or losing the fight, assuming the fight is reasonably close. If it's entirely one sided (either way), then using a temp weapon won't change that.
What i would like to know is, is there any point at all in a secondary weapon? I use an armalite and a macana but i have yet to find a secondary better than my macana so instead of relpading my armalite i just use my macana if i need to reload my armalite
BT MP9 is a very good secondary weapon. I prefer it much more than armalite. Good for bullet merit, Semi Machine gun, and is fairly accurate with decent punch. Ultimately macana is slightly better than any of those guns.
so why doesnt everyone only use the macana? No purchasing ammo, no reloading??
Finishing hit merits and bullet merrits. From my understanding DBK is actually better than macana because of higher rate of criticals. However all of this may change (emphasize may) with new warring system.
and even better than the DBK is duals (sams/skim etc) as to secondary I don't even have one equipped got the associated merits a long time ago and for the main OP temp weapons are awesome my favourite is the smoke grenade on defending because it lasts quite a decent time frame and I like to switch up when attacking but in faction war's serotonin is great as it gives you a life boost which may just save your ass ;)