I am planning on resetting my merits soon to more attacking/defending based perks. How would you spend your merits if you had 220 to distribute?
How would you spend your merits if?
Started by MagicMikeXXXXXL [1637600] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 14
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 43 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 27 / 100
- Engagement score
- 51 / 100
I am planning on resetting my merits soon to more attacking/defending based perks. How would you spend your merits if you had 220 to distribute?
Personally I would max life and critical then spend the remaining ones on stat passives, all will help you when it comes to attacking. I've spent mine of those, need to reset them also at some point to get back some merits I spent on the wrong upgrades.
Life is essential as with the new life system you need it in my opinion.
[image: i.gyazo.com]
Personal question, depends entirely on how you play the game.
For example I do a lot of attacking and so i have 10/10 on mugging, HP and crits but haven't got any in banking. If you make good money from banking then obviously invest there, if you're like me and doing education then invest there. The + passive % per stat (3% per upgrade) is also useful and i have 5/10 on all (7/10 on str). I also have a number to improve my use of clubbed weapons.
But overall it's a question that only you can answer since you're the only person who knows your play style well.
is your choice to not spend any on weapon specials based on your stats or just something you wouldn't do in general?
yeah, sorry I was looking for an attacking/defending oriented answer. Thanks for your reply
I've never spent any on them to be honest, it just doesn't really appeal to me, I'm not sure if they're better or not I'd just rather have them on stats.
Try orientating your education to boost your attacking too, complete the Self Defence, Health & Fitness and Combat Training courses to earn stat passives, weapon boosts and unlock weapon experience. There are also the odd few courses in other education classes which give passives to stats such as psychology and mathematics ect.
Maybe someone else could post with how effective putting merits on the weapon class you use, is it more effective to spend merits on stats or that?
Bogie did it so i did, that's literally the foundations of me doing it.
yeah I am currently doing the yoga course.
This is what my edu looks like so far.
[image: i.imgur.com]
did you just do one weapon?
7/10 on all stats. weapon, critical!
Life
Strength, Speed, Defense, Dexterity...depends on what you've trained tbh
Primary or Melee Weapon Mastery
Shotgun Mastery if the jackhammer method is still viable
Crits
Life and Criticals are the least important. Without the stats, life is worthless!
Maybe it would be better to wait till more upgrades come out in case they have a bearing on your decision...
I'm pretty sure Ched would give us a merit reset.