Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing

Started by High420 [338261] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 85 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
High420 [338261]

Well i trried looking for aome guides on how to start racing
And didnt really find anything

Im in it for the 2 merits
So any tip on first car?
Ive hward its better to keep the racing points for later
Maybe even work for a company that goces racing points while at it?
Mat-Senpai [952164]

rush to A rank, EDCB ranks doesn't really matter, couldn't tell you the best since you fly past them but perhaps the car which has the most class record time.

as for the 250 wins, you can rush it by racing a friend and you having a good car, them a shit car and do it 250 times

do getting A first then do 250 wins so the wins you get during A class you can have those in the bank.

edit: my stuff
[image: i.gyazo.com]
High420 [338261]

So i have 50 racing points now
Im still class D
Using a BMW x5
Any tips on what next
I spent 7 points on the BMW so far
Not sure how to rush to A
Althea [1886602]

Racing skill helps too, esp as you get into higher classes. All I did was strip out for weight reduction, and got to D class with only the one upgrade. Then I had plenty of points to upgrade a D car, and again, only enough to start getting points.

I'm in C now, and when I start placing 4th or worse, I go get AN upgrade to get me back to placing again. I dont want to get to A Class and find out I dont have enough points to upgrade enough...then you're 'stuck' since you can't upgrade and can't place either.
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

The matching system puts u against similair drives u will always be able to gain points just not as fast in some situations. It should also be noted u only need to make it to class A not race in it.
The general rule of thumb I used was that all the points gained last class should be spent on the new class. So 25 for class d and so forth.

Pro tip for class C. Use a focus its the best car to race class you can get for any class.


Sil3nced [1535416]

find a racing buddy to do 1 lap speedway races... if they use a slower car without upgrades they should lose most of the time, so this will get you your 250 wins with the same car award (Redline).


BubbaBlaxx [1903995]

I like to use cars that aren't generally used by most drivers.....

Class E (Honda civic)
(7) wins (22) races
(10) upgrades (26) points

Class D (Volkswagen Bug)
(12) wins (52) races
(12) upgrades (57) points

Class C (Holden SS)**current car**
(5) wins (203) races **so far**
(8) upgrades (33) points

Driver Skill(4.74)

When I started out I went "safe" with the Honda Civic(class E), but ignorantly upgraded and raced 4-5 other cars also. Class D, I went with the volkswagen bug most of time, but had a secondary car I used plus a Hummer for the mud tracks(points into both) Moving onto Class C I went with the "Australian" muscle (car Holden SS). Except for an Audi with 1 upgrade, it's the only one i am using. The Holden SS had no upgrades when I started because In my ignorant bliss I spent the last 19 points i had 1 race prior to moving up in classes. through patience, and working in one of the top Mechanic Shops I finally am stating to place top 3 regularly with wins coming more often...though it took over a 100 races with not a single top 3 finish, to earn points and upgrade! But as has been suggested earlier, I just did it till I started to place then stop spending points. I'm at over 55 points saved and 40 more through employment. it's tough but can be done...good luck.
OffTheChain [1830752]

All of this helps so much, I'm glad to know I haven't been doing it wrong this whole time. If anyone wants to race, just let me know. We can help each other get the merits.