41 replies · 679 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Ok, here goes. I used to play bookie a ton, usually betting a couple hundred mill to a bill and I believed it skewed my perception of money. Whenever I saw trades that I could've made a profit from, I kept saying to myself "Oh, it's just like 10 or 20 mill, I can make 10x that in a bet", and I completely ignored the trade. My view on money being so "easily" attained through betting completely destroyed any motivation and was an excuse for me not to actively seek earning money the "hard" way. Well all that changed when I borrowed 80m from Duke for a bet.
If you can't see where this is going, well, I lost. And I made a promise to myself that I'll stay away from the casino from now on (other than buying a lottery ticket). Having to repay the 80m back from nothing really taught me to value money again. Every mill, every 100k is treasured now, and having to cash out assets like my properties and items put everything back into perspective. I try to take every opportunity I can to trade and make a profit no matter how big; but that's a lot harder since I'm always flying somewhere whenever I see a good deal. Even though making money is a crapton slower, and it'll probably delay me getting bank cap by a couple years, at least I know my money will always stay my money. Anyways, sorry for the long blurb, just wanted to share this.
I recently took up trading, when I first started I was just selling bottles of beer and the odd item find that made me a few million, I used this to buy each property, now I have a property to fall back on and a little cash tucked away.
Anyway, I bought 3 cannabis and made a 3k profit, I was so excited, I can see why the traders do it, there is a real thrill to it, I suppose the same sort of thrill gamblers get.
Anyway, the mistake here is you dont start gambling until you have enough to generate money in itself. i.e a company with decent profit, money in the banks etc.
Then gamble with the money made and no more. Problem solved.