Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Inactivity Refills

Started by hijoe [1898789] on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 1.28k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

hijoe [1898789]

So anybody that went inactive for a couple of months/years/weeks and just returned recently notice any energy refills?

Please post information on the amount of refills, how long you were inactive for, and when you returned.
Cartman [1621675]

This was updated, I'll have to find the post from Chedburn (i think it may be a newsletter) though if you're inactive, you gain a refill for x amount of time of inactiveness. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can shed a little more light on it.

It's definitely changed so in-actives get free refills.
Tigrrrrrr [132684]

How does it act as an incentive for someone who no longer logs in ? They have to log in to find out about them, therefore they have no actual effect except rewarding someone for doing nothing.

This idea is completely idiotic logic
Tigrrrrrr [132684]

If thats the case, the first thing to do is "Unsubscribe" , because when I decide its time to go, I doubt I'll want Ched pestering me .
ColdDeadFingers [1043426]

People come back from weeks,months and even a few years of inactivity all the time.I assume its an incentive to try and retain them as players.As cartman said its not like they are gaining the energy of someone who logs in everyday.I don't see it as a threat to players who are active unless there is no limit to how many refills can be used in a day.If there is no limit it could possibly be used by a fairly strong player as a war exploit.
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

I see it as unfair to new players as they are only afforded 20 refills if I rember correctly and are starting at a stat base of 0.
ColdDeadFingers [1043426]

Maybe i see it as unfair you got 20 refills as a new player,when many of us started new player refills didn't exist.Torn wants to attract new players(why you now get your refills) and retain them.In the ten years or so it's existed almost 2 million players have signed up and less than 20k log in everyday.If you play everyday the inactive players who return and are being offered the incentive to come back will never be able to keep up with you.A larger,more active playerbase would be good for every player.They are not rewarded to the extent they could sign up and not log in for 2 years and be on a level after using their refills with someone who was active.
HenkiePuk [1043621]

You mean with all the natural gained energy and daily refills we get? The inactive refills are nowhere near the energy they missed out on, and I do believe it actually incites people to return to the game. Win win situation imo

As someone posted, 38 refills for being inactive about 8-9 months. That's 5700 energy, or about a week worth for an active player with just natural gained energy and a refill per day. Not to mention extra energy from Xanax etc (with a cost yes, but still...)
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

My problem is not that they are receiving the refills but they should be capped. So basically someone can go inactive for long periods sit in the army and get refills. I've worked my butt off to get decent stats for my age but the reality is I will never compare in stats to an older player who has stayed consistent. I don't have access to many of the legacy merits either.


My point is this game is already skewed for the longer term players. Now we reward those who had and squandered those benefits for doing nothing. Even more so another way to have multis cheat the system for chaining or slutting. If there was a yearly cap at 20 just like the new player this would be a much better system.
hijoe [1898789]

Well I know a guy that was inactive for 2 years and got 140 refills. So we are currently far away from the yearly cap you suggested.
ColdDeadFingers [1043426]

I wouldn't have a problem with them getting 200 refills a year as long as there was a daily use limit of 1.I have played a long time and i accept there are players i'll never catch due to game changes and my own activity/ability.The rules have changed to prevent unlimited wealth gaining a huge advantage but if you are a very good player the game has given you the tools to make it much easier to gain on all but the very best players.