Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Education Max!

Started by ImpulsiveZeke [1911417] on in Questions & Answers.

28 replies · 479 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

ImpulsiveZeke [1911417]

So I currently own enough stock so Starting a new education course doesn't cost me any energy. I'm about to own enough so it doesn't cost me any money either.
I was wondering if there were any ways to reduce the amount of time a course takes, and if possible, Stacking those reductions on top of each other for further reductions.
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

Placing merits is best use of merits you could ever use. The other easy thing to do is join a faction with a high adept. Each adept is a 2.5%reduction in time.


The only other way to reduce education is via job points like a fitness center.
Tigrrrrrr [132684]

Yes, 2 ways.

Factions can use respect to purchase upgrades that reduce education time... Its called ADEPT.
You can also use you merits to reduce EDUCATION LENGTH on the USE YOUR MERITS page

And as Chucky stated , there is a 3rd way. Fitness center job special will also reduce ed time
ImpulsiveZeke [1911417]

Is there a way to see a faction's ADEPT level? Also what is the percentage of decrease for using merits? Thirdly, How do I use job points to decrease time? Is it a job specific perk?
Queequeg [1602158]

If you are looking at the faction info, it should have the adept level in Roman numerals on the faction info page. Traveling, so I can't remember exactly what faction info page it is.

If you are working at a fitness center, scroll down to the 1* perk for healthy mind and trade your job points for education reduction in 1/2 hours increments per job point.

tcbasic says each merit bubble reduces your education by 2%. So if you spend 55 merits to get to 10/10 in education reduction, that should reduce your time by 20%.

Also, if you do the eduction starter job and become a principle, I think you get 10% education reduction.
JimmyJames [581165]

If I can offer you some advice... The stock to make education free isn't worth it. You'd be spending over 30mil to save like $500 every 2-4 weeks. There's other places you can invest that 30mil and just do a crime the next time you need to start a class.
Rino_007 [344056]

If you have the money it prevents you from loosing out on energy. Compare that to a refill-> 25X4= 150 energy so that is effectively 25 points and each point is around 68k each so 25X68k=1.7m. And since currently it is worth 12 million, so about 7 sets of 4 courses. And currently there are 125 courses, so you get 125/4 is about 31 sets. Obviously 31 > 7. Never mind if you compare that to any energy booster.

Or if you are a mugger and you get the right target so it could be > 10 million from a mug. And in that 2-4 weeks it would be nearly paid by allowing you to have the energy to do said mugging.

So to say it is inconsequential is incorrect.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

I bought the stock so I don't use e when I start an edu course because I'd train all my e, then my current course would end and I wouldn't be able to start the next one without waiting. It's a fairly inexpensive stock block, so I just bought it.
Who [244604]

If you have the money, it's worth buying. If you're a newer player scraping for cash, it's not worth it compared with other ways to get the same energy much sooner (which in turn gives exponentially better gym trains sooner).
Rino_007 [344056]

I'd say it depends. Compared to a few Xanax, you are right.

But consider a refill.. 6 refills vs benefit block.. I don't think that is really a clear winner for someone strapped for cash. I mean after all in a few weeks it will be worth more than those 7 refills, quickly paying itself off. But that is quite a bit of money for someone starting out, and they do need to use points to unlock the stock market if I recall (but stock market is totally worth it). But at that threshold it is only 20 points to unlock the stock market... and that @ 68k each is 1,360,000 on top of the 7 refills. So that would make it on par.

It boils down to if they can afford refills or not on a daily basis, as Xanax is far more favorable for a new player. So if they can afford refills daily then they should certainly buy the stock benefit. Heck... an interesting option might be to pay people to let you borrow the stock make the fee small enough. As the requirement though they'd have to give you enough to buy the benefit block outright anyways. Might be a niche market there for new players that can't afford to hold onto the benefit long term but are able to temporarily hold it. Something like 500k would be reasonable, because they'd get to use their 13 million elsewhere for 2 weeks and make more money off of it.