Hit level 31 yesterday and my rank has still not gone up from Highly Distinguised. On the upgrade screen it said I would move rank to 'Professional'. Thanks
Missing Rank
Started by Deathy [1844909] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 8
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 39 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Makod [1599856]
· 2 likes ·
Not a fan of this, I just hit my last rank trigger (before level 100), 50k crimes, and I have not ranked up. It does not seem fair to me that those who were able to reach crimes and level … - JimmyJames [581165]
· 2 likes ·
The people who attained those ranks before hand also have to pay billions of dollars buying and selling items, you don't have to do that. Unfairness can be claimed by both sides. And no one knows the new triggers, or … - Chedburn [1] Admin
· 1 likes ·
Ah yep that'd be it. With the changes, he was dropped by 1 rank (in the background), so when he gained another rank he just went back up to the same rank. I believe this is all fine.
Hit level 31 yesterday and my rank has still not gone up from Highly Distinguised. On the upgrade screen it said I would move rank to 'Professional'. Thanks
I expect you'll have to wait until tomorrow?
Same thing happened to me a few days after the networth update ... no rank up at level 31. I think it's because I had qualified for more Networth rank triggers *before* the update than I do now, and so my rank didn't drop but is above where it would actually be now... so maybe when I hit 31 it just got me back one of those artificially inflated ranks. Maybe you're in the same boat?
The thing is when you go to the upgrade screen its clearly says you will reach the rank 'professional'. Let you know if i get it tomorrow
Still no change.
Since networth changed it will be that you haven't yet held the right level of networth to have achieved ranks already awarded, so let's close this for now, come back in a month or two.
I would think with the networth change, he doesn't qualify for that rank anymore, but the level up screen is set to display that you rank up based on the level raising your rank.
So you would need to add a check to make sure the user still qualifies for a new rank.
Agreed, passing chef to remove that or change if/when it is displayed
Ah yep that'd be it.
With the changes, he was dropped by 1 rank (in the background), so when he gained another rank he just went back up to the same rank.
I believe this is all fine.
Not a fan of this, I just hit my last rank trigger (before level 100), 50k crimes, and I have not ranked up.
It does not seem fair to me that those who were able to reach crimes and level triggers before the NETWORTH update were able to gain rank while those of us who reached these triggers since have to wait 56, 112, whatever amount of days to have the chance of progressing rank. What this update has effectively done is lock out the top two ranks for at least 56 days.
Its got to be tough, being short-handed like that....I can sympathize with you in your situation, but you can't expect ched make an exception to exclude you to the newly established game rules, can you? He's got to draw to line somewhere. When something new like this rolls out, its bounded to screw over a few people. You were just one of the unfortunate few this time round.
If it were me, I'd just take the hit and wait till the net-worth rank triggers for your account. all you have to do is wait right? Should be easy enough tbh
The people who attained those ranks before hand also have to pay billions of dollars buying and selling items, you don't have to do that. Unfairness can be claimed by both sides.
And no one knows the new triggers, or even if there is a time requirement. As soon as everything was changed lots of people gained ranks that first day, so that suggests to me that at least the lower triggers have little to no time requirements.
Unfortunately, I did do that, so I claim unfairness on both ends.
EDIT: If there is not a time requirement, I'm surprised the higher triggers were raised above 20 billion.
"If it were me, I'd just take the hit and wait till the net-worth rank triggers for your account. all you have to do is wait right? Should be easy enough tbh"
I've been working specifically to reach this rank, I bought and sold billions in items, getting to #21 in the old networth hof, I attacked and left up until level 71, and I did near 20,000 other crimes to reach 50k as fast as possible.
I will suck it up, it just feels like an unnecessary slight.
I'm in a similar boat, missing one rank... I had about 4.5bil networth before the change... lots of wasted money now. Such is torn life
Ched, you said in the announcement people wouldn't lose their rank.
"We've also adjusted the rank triggers. The new networth will affect your rank, but we've also added a new hidden modifier. People who've already achieved a high rank with the previous networth system will not lose it."
It is definitely my view that rank shouldn't be dropped like it has been, especially when you've said it wouldn't be.
It didn't drop, only in the background, people would be below the requirements for their current rank. For example you didn't drop to Heroic from Legendary.