What is the best way to find targets to mug? I'm sick of mugging people for less than 100k
Finding Mugging Targets
Started by Bullet [1501713] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 16
- Likes on archived posts
- 10
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
What is the best way to find targets to mug? I'm sick of mugging people for less than 100k
Trading perhaps, that's a dick move though! [:disappointed:]
If you suck at the mugging game you could go for the bounties
attack the high lvl player, like 75++ and people on the top 100 of http://www.torn.com/halloffame.php#!type=networth .
what do you expect from lvl 54 and below ? billions ?
Level doesn't even come into it xD
Don't bother. I got mugged for $229 yesterday.
Please mug higher level players.
just dont its a waste of e and you dont make that much anymore
if you're good at finding targets you can find a pretty penny :p ofcourse more then 5m mugs won't happen, but if you're good at finding targets you should have an average of 1m / mug, which is ok in my opinion
imo you are better off bagging bounties, or hitting the gym
but when i want to mug my method is search the first 4 numbers of your user id, then find any target in that, as they all joined on the same day as you
bounties are better, anyone with a substantial amount of $ keeps it in a vault and/or the Camayans
Publicly announced mug targets aren't good ones
i can sell you some good mug targets if you pay me good
5m a mug or its not worth it for me i need to train dem stats
Look for people who you think have a lot of money and then mug them, but you have to be the first one to do so. You will probably have to stalk them for days or weeks. Look for people who are selling things that will give them lots of money. Save their profile and check often. Then you will have to be the first person to mug them. It takes a lot of time and energy to do it that way, but that's probably your most effective way.
You could go for the lucky break method: for example, I just got back from SA where I was going to buy Xanax for personal use. So I had about 25 million on me, I lost 2.6million. I was impressed because I was only there for 5 minutes, but you want to get them fast and be the first one to mug them. You might want to fly to SA or CI and mug fools like me who might have money.
It's not a nice or consistent way of making money. I rarely get mugged for more than 100k because I'm not silly enough to carry more than I need, which is rarely over 1 mil, and usually far under it.
However, as Quee said, tracking targets takes a lot of time, but is the best way to do it, if you REALLY wanna go down that path. But you will gain a LOT of enemies.
I actually disagree with the stalk the actives approach. I much prefer mugging inactives. I have a fairly rigorous check list that I go through before I mug. I've done a couple of different approaches to finding targets, but I'm currently looking for a "find a golden egg and bleed them dry". I've found ten 1 mil targets, five 2 mil, four 4 mil, and one 10 mil target fishing around the net worth honors area. There's also some good ones in inactive company jobs if you look for them because typically if there's money in 1 employee's account from an inactive company there's money in all of them. I'd also recommend the advanced search and look for anything that isn't a shack, a castle, or a PI and test different searchable parameters. Once you find a parameter that seems to pay out, obviously stick with it but perhaps fine tune it...like if you find that female villa owners tend to have a lot of money, what about the dates inactive? Etc. Yes, that can be a lot of effort too, but with any mugging technique checking a player's stats is in my opinion mandatory to know if this person's been "bled dry" already or could be a fresh target.
You can alway try camping at cayman island and keep refreshing the list. When you see a new name appear just hit them
If you go that way, I would go for people who are inactive and living in their spouses homes. Since they wont have places to hide valuables.
did someone suggest a job-special, use of job-points to know how much cash a player is having on hand?
it is already available I believe.