Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

My revive spreadsheet.

Started by RX8 [1798198] on in General Discussion.

139 replies · 2.71k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 140 / 140 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
140
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
76 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Beerstein [1322136] ×1 RX8 [1798198] ×1

RX8 [1798198]

I've decided to open my spreadsheet for public view, I will update this every now and then. The spreadsheet currently contains 2,092 unique ID's/Names and a total of 2,950 revives.

As some of you know, I revive people without asking from the hospital when they OD on Xanax. Sometimes I do get the message "This person does not want you to revive them." and in that case I do sent them a message that will notify them to change their settings. I never ask for money, and this spreadsheet kinda logs who pays and who doesn't. Nobody on this list has been asked for money, so it's totally up to them whether they pay or not.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page=view&resid=2EE76DBD02A46DB6!2315&authkey=!ANE6aG4GpZr-L8U

This is a link to the Excel file stored on my OneDrive.

Update 7th of October 2015: 1,648 revives over 1,350 unique ID's/users.
Update 19th of October 2015: 1,981 (+333) revives over 1,559 (+209) unique ID's/users. Average payment $638,771
Update 27th of October 2015: 2,241 (+260) revives over 1,712 (+153) unique ID's/users. Average payment $631,577 (- $7,194)
Update 23rd of November 2015: 2,950 (+709) revives over 2,092 (+380) unique ID's/users. Average payment $644,220 (+ $12,643)
Update 23rd of November 2015: New layout. Total amount is shown now instead of payment per revive.
Update 18th of June 2016: 3,645 (+695) revives over 2,433 (+341) unique ID's/users. Average payment $716,513 (+ $72,293)

Here is also an example of how my spreadsheet looks like, in a picture.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Beerstein [1322136]

Can't load it without excel, too lazy to DL. I usually pay 1m but I wait to see if they'll ask for money first so sometimes I forget, also time to mug Pulecs.

Almost had him....damn HP.
Beerstein [1322136]

Oh well musta forgot, I mean I didn't want to make myself a target from his list knowing he might post such things. Hey if I ask for a revive I usually pay more than others :P. The 1m I used to pay was way over what people charged but the price kept going up and my tip stayed the same.

Also now I can't pay him on principle, it'll make it look like I gave in to peer pressure.
Cena [1923352]

I like this there should be a group of main revivers that update this so that it makes aware for other revivers if people pay or not. Would be pretty sleek
_Cynic_ [206537]

But here you are reviving without asking them if they want it and then in effect shaming them if they do not pay by publishing their names and making them look cheap.

Even though I do not do drugs so would never need the revive, I feel it is not fair to publish a spreadsheet like this unless they offer to pay and do not pay.


RX8 [1798198]

Why is it shaming? I'm not putting any judgement to it. As you can see, there are people that I've revived multiple times although they don't pay money for it, I will keep offering them my service and provide them with a free revive.
_Cynic_ [206537]

Whether you are putting a judgement or not, it creates a perception that someone is cheap if they are shown not to give money when revived when others are giving money.
I have no issue of naming people when they say they pay but they don't. But I feel when you make a decision to revive and people do not pay, you should not be publishing their names.

Showing stats like average payment you received, highest, number of people who never gave anything, amount you gained daily are fine. Its when you start putting names in I feel it is unfair.

Especially when you consider you cannot name and shame scammers in forums.
RX8 [1798198]

And what exactly has this to do with scammers? I am not calling anyone a scammer. You are watching this list from the wrong perspective.
_Cynic_ [206537]

I know you are not, however as I said it creates a perception.
Especially when someone calls for a central spreadsheet to make revivers aware of people who pay or not.
In effect you have someone saying look so and so doesn't pay, be careful if you want to revive them.

I fully understand you are simply sharing your findings, however it is the way others can interpret the data I am pointing out, not your intentions behind it.
RX8 [1798198]

I'm not going to create a central spreadsheet, I will only update mine frequently. I might take it offline again if it causes to much controversy.
Evil-Duck [1182047]

Doesnt revive for money... has a spreadsheet with over 1000 usernames and how much they gave him with $0 being marked as red

Seems legit

Peace
RX8 [1798198]

Excel marks it automatically as red. Smallest amount is red and it fades into green to the highest amount. Of course I'm happy if someone rewards me for the revive, but I've explained already that it's not the main reason why I do revive, it's just a chosen path of play style. You care about your stats, I care about other things.

If I would purely do it for the money, as you think, then why would I revive someone 5 times from a Xanax OD when I know on forehand he will not give me anything for it in return?
PsycWard [1579270]

I also couldn't open it due to laziness but I generally offer a revive in return if ever needed then I add them to my friends list so I remember. At this point though I think I may just start paying 1m since I'd rather keep my energy. So am I $0 or IOU :P
RX8 [1798198]

Standard message from Microsoft. Run it through a virus scanner, I can assure you it's clean.
Remilia [1284087]

Think about it like this and I'll tell you exactly why this is wrong to post.

Let's say I am going to make a list naming all the people I have ever given money to who didn't pay me back. I'm not passing judgement on these people. I am not saying they are wrong. I'm simply posting whether they paid me back or not and their names.

Why is THAT considered naming and shaming based on what other people perceive but not this?
Manarutos [786573]

This is interesting.

Thanks for the read. I think I will spend more time reviving people now. I'm too lazy to keep stats though haha.