I'm not sure what category this should go in, so I'm just posting in general. Feel free to move if I flubbed up. Anywho, I'm shipping out to boot camp for the Marines (USA) in less than a month, so I just wanted to see if anyone else on torn is a fellow Poolee, and maybe share a ship date. Who knows, we might meet at some point. Also, if any current or past Marines has any funny or interesting stories to share about Boot, feel free to post as well
USMC Boot Camp
Started by Early14 [1774106] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Authority score
- 18 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 48 / 100
I'm not sure what category this should go in, so I'm just posting in general. Feel free to move if I flubbed up. Anywho, I'm shipping out to boot camp for the Marines (USA) in less than a month, so I just wanted to see if anyone else on torn is a fellow Poolee, and maybe share a ship date. Who knows, we might meet at some point. Also, if any current or past Marines has any funny or interesting stories to share about Boot, feel free to post as well
Goodluck with your training and stuff!!!! I hope it goes ok, my only experience is from 'Full Metal Jacket'...so avoid nightime toilet visits, ladies who want to 'love you long time' and Charlie...is that still a thing? Likeing the smell of nalpalm during or before breakfast seems to be popular as well.
....and Predators..they seem pretty bad ass
My advice is dont lay around drinking beer having one going away party after another. You'd better get in shape. Do some running, swimming and lifting while you have the chance.
Edit- forgot to congratulate and thank you.
Congrats and good luck, hope it all goes well.
Good on you mate! the 3MEF has just been over here in NZ doing some training. Crack up guys.
My advice for boot camp is don't start out as the guide or team leader.
Marine 86 - 92. P.I. Platoon 3065.
Which Boot Camp you headed to? The REAL one at Parris Island or San Diego?
good luck and have fun m8