Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Clear some things up.

Started by Vaaskiii [1510655] on in Racing.

10 replies · 188 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Vaaskiii [1510655]
Ok, so seeing as like it's only a dozen or so people using this section, you probably saw I made the nooby mistake of getting to C Class with no upgrades. Well, I've been trudging through it, and I'm now racking in the third places! :)

But what I want to know is, I see everyone say upgrade your car only up to a point where you start placing. Sounds logical as B and A class can only get harder and having points early is vital. But I want to know, is what exactly gets you to the next class? Is it your Driving Skill reaching a certain point, or using a certain amount of upgrades? And if it's upgrades, how do you know when you're about to upgrade to the next class to make sure you have enough points.

Thanks in advance.
Beastb [477852]

My driver skill is currently, 11.0 It does go above 10, but it takes 10 matches per each 0.1 I believe, so you gain 0.01, driver skill per race if I recall correctly.

(My assumption anyway, not 100% sure on the method to award driver skill)
Plissken [1946773]

So if you gain classes through racing points and not skill level then does than mean those that work in a mechanic shop (or whatever company gives racing points for job points) get to level up just by spending there job points? it does explain some low level, low days players ive seen having the racing honour? but I'm not sure?
BubbaBlaxx [1903995]

congratulations...there's a good piece on upgrading your car under "upgrades" in the forum under...hmmm..what was it...oh yeah, racing! It helped me decide on what upgrades to utilize.. way to be patient, great job and good luck in class "B"
BubbaBlaxx [1903995]

hey vaaskiii, i didn't want to clog this thread all up, so i mailed it to you. It's a list of the best upgrade options that i pulled out of the forum some time back. hope it helps.