its probably already been suggested but itd be nice if say your in swiz or mexico or any location you can fly to another instead of just going home. say your trying to do some hits in a faction or you go to the wrong place. itd be nice.. just a suggestion
fyling
Started by murk55 [1895561] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 9
- Authority score
- 27 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
its probably already been suggested but itd be nice if say your in swiz or mexico or any location you can fly to another instead of just going home. say your trying to do some hits in a faction or you go to the wrong place. itd be nice.. just a suggestion
yes this has already been suggested
in the old forums, clansy made a thread called "do not suggest", literally stating things the admins/devs were not interested in, and would NEVER implement
that list included:
exp bar
bringing back dogs
flying from country to country
"do not suggest": https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nVSxJtG8JKcmsZ_BdJUaTeYOl6uZ0wxLODVE29seHR4/edit?usp=sharing
Also, As a point i remember someone (Cant remember who though) saying there wouldnt be any point anyways as you'd still have to return to torn to be able to buy more things.
the issue is, mainly for wars, you can bounce from country to country avoiding hits
R- for this reason.
Fyling.
Wow, I just checked this out, since I had the same idea, and I think Ched is being a little stubborn to include this in a "do-not-suggest" list. The main con I would see to implement this would be the "hit-avoiding" travelling, as Grif said, but it's evident that the whole travelling system needs an overhauling IMO. It just feels too flat, don't you think?
I came back 2 months or so, from a 5-year recess (got nostalgic and checked into my account, now I'm a donator), and it kind of sucks to see that it keeps being quite the same as when I left.
My humble suggestions as a "repatriate" Torner:
- Allowing travel between countries, taking measures to avoid faction "service-dodging" (maybe an indicator of sorts that shows if an enemy faction member is in the country you're traveling). The whole Faction-Flying issue needs attention, maybe adding more things than just buying, thus wanting you to stay a little longer, as I'll detail below:
- More "country-exclusive" features, such as
* The possibility to train abroad in a dojo in Japan.
* Regaining a lot of happiness in a spa in Dubai (if you´re not grotesquely rich, and even if you are, there is little to do there, except for F&P (Flowers & Plushies),
* Winter sports competitions in Canada, in a similar, more simplified way, car racing works (seriously, that place is the most boring piece of frozen crap in the Torn universe, gotta make it more interesting somehow xD !)
- The possibility to buy properties abroad, you could store a limited amount of money and items there, rent them...The number of these could be limited to 1 or 2 properties abroad so it doesn't get too tangly and/or OP, at least to start.
- Adding another country? What about Egypt? (Africa is a little underrepresented in my opinion, and Cairo would be a cool destination) Or Tel-Aviv? (maybe this one couldn't be too much PC, but I thought it would be a good idea to make jewelry a little more interesting. Diamond trading maybe? I'll leave the ball there)
- The possibility to commit some crimes abroad, and, of course, the possibility of getting jailed for failing (after all, this whole game used to be about a murky, criminal, nouvelle noire-sque environment, right? If you're at least 1,500 days old, you know what I mean. I understand the ones who say that Torn has gone too soft and PC.
Maybe all I'm saying has been proposed before, and I'm not saying nothing new (I'm just starting to read the forums now, go easy on me :p ), but it's my humble opinion, and possibly a lot share it.
Thank you if you took the time to read all of this, I'm glad to be back after a long time, and I want to be more active, not only in the game, but in the community as well :) )
Greetings.
KSp
Just when you boil down to it, What really would be the point of being able to fly from country to country?
Increase immersiveness to start? It's just feels weirdly unrealistic you can't, gotta admit that; also expanding the market aspect (I wonder how much they'd pay would be for a bottle of tequila in Dubai, for example?)
Faction crimes abroad, or establishing faction "strongholds", so to speak? As I said, the whole Faction/Flying thing would need priority attention before making any traveling-related improvement. In the hypothetical case that overseas properties are implemented, you could store items to sell there, stash them if you want to wait for the prices to raise (not all items would be sellable abroad, I guess that would be technically too demanding)
I'd write more, but it's late and I'm sleepy right now. It's interesting that traveling must be one of the aspects in the game that has received less attention, despite of it having a lot of potential, but it encourages you to think about ideas to improve it. A blank slate, would say.
I didnt ask what the point of your other points..
What I was asking was soley about the flying to one place to another without going back to torn.
With the current system, even if you could fly country to country you'd have problems with the items you can carry.
As for selling things abroad, Not a bad idea except for the fact it causes issue in that now you have to choose what you bring with you, I mean you cant just take everything.
Edit: Forgot to quote it, But i mean this towards the post above this one.
travel isn't supposed to be immersive. you're supposed to spend a vast majority of your time in torn. that's why there is little to nothing to do in travel locations. it's not an oversight, it's intended.
It would be a nice idea, and there WOULD be a point if you are trying to collect sets, however, I only see this happen when they hopefully make the travel locations more immersive than an extra market, with no selling capability.
Would help if the OP could spell, though.
"Would help if the OP could spell, though"
LOL. Really man, get it fixed.