Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Google docs?

Started by Pinder [465287] on in Technology.

2 replies · 34 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
33 / 100
Pinder [465287]

So I use my google docs page for everything, specially to keep track of items and money on Torn. But I also list stock shares as I buy and sell shares daily.

I was trying to figure out a way to import data from the Torn site onto my google docs directly. You could call this extra work but its just something I would fancy having on google docs. So I found out that the command =importXML does just that on google docs. After about an hour of tinkering around looking for what exactly I need to do for it pull the data I got absolutely no where.

So my question is, how do I upload say "Current price of WLT stock" to my google docs spreadsheet.
Julez [237543]

I'd say you'd want some Javascript skills and a Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey userscript for such or something.
Maybe you'd want a talk with folks who've made Torn userscripts in the past about such?
du48gune [1923290]

Google Docs come in when you can't get Microsoft Office.
Does almost the same, but without the 1TB cloud storage.

Good job OP.
You made the right decision.