Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hearthstone

Started by TheProletariat [250440] on in Gaming.

8 replies · 70 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
21 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
TheProletariat [250440]

Hey anyone else on here play any hearthstone hero's of Warcraft? Just looking for some people with common game interest in this fun CCG.

Looking forward to some new challengers.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I've played it a few, not to much though, it's an even bigger moneysink to Blizzard than WoW these days, so I'll just stick with walking backwards on my horse making his bum shake in WoW.
Beerstein [1322136]

This, it's quite pay to win and that makes it not fun, I can't even blame Blizzard though with how much people are spending. When it matches based on overall performance rather than deck value it can be very frustrating since you'll face total crap players with a lot of high valued cards. It just makes the game no fun. There is the arena draft but I'd need a lot more experience in the game to pull off a sustainable win rate so that's out as well.
TheProletariat [250440]

Yea I do agree if you want to play high ranked you have to have good cards, however you can certainly do really well with free 2 play decks that you can supplement with better cards as you open packs.
Beerstein [1322136]

Yes but you're inherently being placed to win 50% of your matches (which is fine). The real problem is how frustrating it is when you're placed to win 50% of your matches against nothing but people that have decks stacked in legendaries etc. seeing synergies you're not capable of (also okay) and cards that are identical to some of yours but better in some way (not fun).
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

The only cool thing about hearthstone in my opinion is Arena, and even then, you've only got paladins wrecking everyone else e.e
TheProletariat [250440]

If you play arena a decent amount that will get you the cards you need to make a cheaper constructed deck, if you want to play and be successful on ranked past rank 18 you will need to have a understanding of what decks are being played and how to counter them with proper deck types, I have made it to rank 5 running aggro decks with no legendaries at all.

My battletag is Maestro#1225 if anyone wants to add me up

As for you guys who want to give more competitive play but don't have many cards, look up face hunter , aggro/mech shaman, zoo warlock, mech mage, aggro paladin. These are all cheap but effective decks that should after some play easily get you to rank 15-10.
DrinkyCrow [1894596]

I like Hearthstone a lot, but I can definitely see how the "pay to win" format might turn some people off. I stay pretty decently competitive without spending a dime on the game, but in order to do so you have to trade quests to maximize your gold and I also play often so I even get the 3 win 10g rewards (max 100 gold per day). So if you enjoy the gameplay enough to "grind" you can do just fine. With it also being on the iphone/android market, I think it's definitely the best phone game and I'll still get a couple o matches in on my breaks at work.

If you really like the play for 10 min a day aspect of torn, you might not like the grind of hearthstone. Just personal preference I guess, but I can say the $5.00 per month for DPs I pay here cost me more than the $0.00 I pay there.

If anyone wants to play though feel free to hit me up, pretty sure my Hearthstone name is DrinkyCrow too.