Graveyard Please
Started by hdhdhdhdhhdhdh [1966871] on in Graveyard.
About this thread
Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 25
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 21 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 58 / 100
- Engagement score
- 68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Ska- [1674759]
· 5 likes ·
These are crap how much have them lot been paid ?
Nice man and best sign maker.
Beautiful! How much do you charge for commissions? :3
Nice new young player and good art! R+
Good stuff, R+
I will take one for my Faction when you are free.
These are crap how much have them lot been paid ?
Let the guy have some shots, and will surely improve..
and you aint much better !!
well, we all started somewhere, didn't we?
loven it!
Candyman re-designed all of my faction images for me!
Really happy with the result! Great work and great guy!
.
Bump
You guys will see creativity of a talented one time after time.
Yes these are bad, But he hasint just slapped text on an image "I think" xD
So if he is trying well let him be, really he should be asking for cnc rather than selling but come on everyone here is facinated with fake money xD
Keep pushing man and try ask for cnc make some tags get cnc listen to the good cnc and try improve everyday
Very long post, tldr; I appreciate what you want to do and I will buy a sig from you soon.
I just wanted to pop by and say a few things. Since your selling these signatures I have no problem with that. But I feel you might need to bump up the quality a bit to be received by much more buyers. To me, it appears you put a few layers on top of each other, added some effects and some text.
I'm not saying that that is wrong, clearly there is some effort here. But I feel these sigs cannot fetch high prices. I myself cannot yet design masterpieces. Maybe ask for a few CnCs? Have some guidance as to how to blend your layers together to make them look like they belong.
For example your current palette looks very messy and achieves a very rough look. The red color fire of the #8 sig does not compare with the greyscale background and springs more out of place with a random blue hue at the right. The #7 sig looks like a stock image, but with png bullet, a few other images overlayed and 2 fonts. There is an overall inconsistency with the quality and leaves me confused as to what you want me to focus on. You could blur out the background to reduce the amount of things in focus, such that the viewer immediately knows what to look at. Also try to avoid placing the main focus at the centre of the image, the rule of thirds would find it more appealing if you positioned in much rightwards or leftwards. There also needs to be a consistent flow of the signature, which is the basis for making separate images feel like they belong.
Take a look at this:
[image: travelonvacation.xyz]
Source: http://travelonvacation.xyz/tag/rule/
This man is sitting to the bottom right of the picture, with the background blurred. The flow of the image is from left to right. There is very little chaos going on and we can immediately see what this picture represents. If I were to add a few flaming cars and some tornado damaged houses to the left, it would immediately break the flow of the image.
Either way, since this wasn't a CnC to begin with, you don't really have to take this too heavily. I thought I might just help you a bit since you are getting more than a few critics. But I'll PM you soon for the cost to buy myself a custom sig.
I just wanted to pop by and say a few things. Since your selling these signatures I have no problem with that. But I feel you might need to bump up the quality a bit to be received by much more buyers. To me, it appears you put a few layers on top of each other, added some effects and some text.
I'm not saying that that is wrong, clearly there is some effort here. But I feel these sigs cannot fetch high prices. I myself cannot yet design masterpieces. Maybe ask for a few CnCs? Have some guidance as to how to blend your layers together to make them look like they belong.
For example your current palette looks very messy and achieves a very rough look. The red color fire of the #8 sig does not compare with the greyscale background and springs more out of place with a random blue hue at the right. The #7 sig looks like a stock image, but with png bullet, a few other images overlayed and 2 fonts. There is an overall inconsistency with the quality and leaves me confused as to what you want me to focus on. You could blur out the background to reduce the amount of things in focus, such that the viewer immediately knows what to look at. Also try to avoid placing the main focus at the centre of the image, the rule of thirds would find it more appealing if you positioned in much rightwards or leftwards. There also needs to be a consistent flow of the signature, which is the basis for making separate images feel like they belong.
Take a look at this:
[image: travelonvacation.xyz]
Source: http://travelonvacation.xyz/tag/rule/
This man is sitting to the bottom right of the picture, with the background blurred. The flow of the image is from left to right. There is very little chaos going on and we can immediately see what this picture represents. If I were to add a few flaming cars and some tornado damaged houses to the left, it would immediately break the flow of the image.
Either way, since this wasn't a CnC to begin with, you don't really have to take this too heavily. I thought I might just help you a bit since you are getting more than a few critics. But I'll PM you soon for the cost to buy myself a custom sig.
I appreciate your kind review, I do understand that I need to work on a few areas ,quality wise. And about the focus of the image, it seems that people have or rather just you have a pattern of keeping or making a focus of the image with just a simple background, Really? Anyone would be able to do that by putting an image or 2 together over each other,just like what you have done in the attempted sig i assume for yourself.
I also do graphic and designing work in real life and I totally understand what I am doing. So i appreciate the time you have put out into writing an essay on my wall, but please be noted that not all designers are the same , the concept or ideology of the art is what makes a designer unique.
I do my design work exactly according to what my customers want and are satisfied with. I'll keep my designs posted , so you can see that not all the concept design and depth of graphic work are the same.
Thank you for your essay
SO many haters, please go away! :P
I understand where you're coming from.
Practice makes perfect. Perfect your style. And make sure you make your art more for yourself than for others. F*ck the haters.
I'll buy a sig from you for my bazaar just mail me your price. :)