I am not sure what archimede does, I just want to make a
simple hit counter for our faction. Name & Number of hits. Thats all.
Starting with you last comment: There is the API, so I like to try some things. I like the hits counter provided by
http://www.tornstats.com/, but only because there is a tool does not mean that I don't want to find out was the API does :-) And things being complex is also no reason not to try them.
You are right with all what you wrote, my implementation does nearly the same as you mentioned in your 'requirement'.
But for me is one open point left: When I collect the data of the faction-warbase, I get only the factions which are
just in this moment listed there, right?
Maybe an example explains my problem:
- We have a war, starting at 2016-01-01 with 5 factions.
- We defeat one faction at the first day, so 4 factions are left.
- I collect the warbase information and the attack logs at 2016-01-01.
--> I will not be able to see if a loss or stalemate at the first day was from the defeated faction. It will only be possible, if I regularly (e.g. every x hours) collect the warbase information and safe it somewhere.
So I will not be able to do the hit counter at the end of a war, I have to do it many times during the war. And if I don't save the factions on the warbase, my results can differ from day to day.
Long speaking, short question: Am I right, or wrong?
If I am wrong (which is surely more than possible), it would be nice if you can explain me where I make the mistake in my thinking.
Thanks for your patience with me ;-)
/by