Hi, I was just wondering if someone could tell me why some wars just randomly end ? I been warring with some factions contesting for rank and next thing I know it says the war has ended in the news feed which obviously leads to annoying naps.
Why wars randomly end?
Started by -BC-msprague2 [586509] on in Faction Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Authority score
- 35 / 100
- Historical score
- 31 / 100
- Story score
- 53 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
Hi, I was just wondering if someone could tell me why some wars just randomly end ? I been warring with some factions contesting for rank and next thing I know it says the war has ended in the news feed which obviously leads to annoying naps.
If there aren't any hits made for some time a war will time out.
Depends on how many hits are already made.
So if your faction and the other faction let's say don't attack for 2 days, the war will end with a nap because it timed out.
More specifically to keep a war alive (especially early on) you need to maintain a daily quota of hits (between both sides) equivalent to 25% of the smaller faction size, where a "day" is the 24-hour window starting when the faction war cron runs at 6:29am TC each day - if this quota is not met then the war will expire the next "day" (ie. at that 6:29am TC checkpoint).
If no hits are done in a war for three consecutive "days" then the war automatically expires, regardless of whether it the required quota has been maintained or not.
From the looks of things after a while (especially in a contested war) you may only need to do 1 hit a day to keep a war alive (I've done this several times myself across training breaks for wars that weren't significantly ahead of the required hit quota).
An exemple:
In a war of my faction i have this:
262 respect
102.17% / -2.17%45 attacks
Why i can´t declare victory??? and end the war?? i don´t understand!
should start a new thread but to answer your question. You cannot win a war with a bonus hit (10,25,50,75,100). do a regular hit on that faction and you should be able to claim victory