Hi guys, it is my first post and before I posted it, I looked through the forum quite a bit.
This account was dormant for about 3-5 years then I came back wanting to play. I read that some people find 2 items per day and it mostly depends on how active they are or something like that. I play with my wife and at home and at work (we have a salon so we work together) we are constantly online. doing flower running or doing stuff on the market. I click on the City link to go wherever I want and I reset my awareness which cost me half of my net worth because I don't have as much money as most of you have. So I am online about 10-12 times a day, I click on the city nearly 5 times every hour I'm online and not in planes, I do stuff constantly, yet I do not find ANY items whatsoever.
I know it depends on luck but how come it goes from 2 items a day for people (even though the items are relatively bad according to them) to 1 item every 2 weeks. From last month till today I found 2 items, one was a stingray plushie and today a $6,000 gun (vector something). This is absolutely ridiculous for someone who plays as much as I do and is active constantly.
Same with my wife, she got a box of tissue and an xbox in the last 2 months or something.
A candle shop company increases awareness by 50%.
Finding them on the map can be kinda a pain.
Iv'e probably found 25-30 items in the last 2 months (I was in candle shop as well as 4 merits invested) and only found junk. Not like i'm expecting to find something of value laying around in the city, I just want the next award for 100 items found.
It wont get you rich is what i'm saying, it sucks.
There is no substitute for going to the city page (ie.
www.torn.com/city.php) once or twice an hour for as many different hours as you can manage each day.
It's not hard to do even on mobile if you get into the habit of going to the various locations you visit in torn via the city page as part of your normal routine.
"This account was dormant"
interesting words to use
"active constantly" isn't entirely accurate.
I'm not "active constantly" and in the last month I have over 3x your activity.
263k vs 87k
But yeah, you should have found more than 2 items in a month.
Not if his occasional interactions with torn have been mostly via the side bar...
10/10 awareness averaged 1 a day. I dropped to 0 mid month and find one every 3-4 days
look for my guide in the tutorials forum
if u want more items found just add awareness merits and work in a company like fireworks stand or candle shop. i've found over 1,300 but i dont find one every day. sometimes i find 2-3 a day it varies. the key is u find alot of crap but also find good ones. do all the artifact classes so it makes ur chances better for finding something of value.
hope this helps.