Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Are you multilingual? Statistics Survey *COMPLETED

Started by ZjHi3cx32R [1882722] on in General Non-related.

50 replies · 245 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
51
Discussion span
→
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

ZjHi3cx32R [1882722]

Hello there, so I have this project for my statistics class about confidence interval for a one sample proportion and I decided to get my sample from Torn. I thought language would be a good choice since we don't see any languages other than English due to forum rules. I will be giving out 100k in appreciation of your precitipation.

The question:
Can you read, write, speak, and/or hear in language other than English?

Here's some things to note before answering the question:
1. Please answer in yes/no
2. One answer per person
3. I will only count first 40 answers
4. Money will be given once I get 40 responses to make things easier
5. Try not to look at other people's answers before answering to ensure the independence of your answer
6. I will add the result to this post once I finish working on this project just in case some people are curious

I could've made a poll, but it's easier to manage things without it and I need some names to prove that I've actually collected data.

*EDIT If you have any questions or concerns you may ask me via mail or chat. Also, you can add other words other than yes/no. I just want yes/no so I can ctrl + f the answers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The 40 samples I needed has been collected, thank you for your participation. The money has been sent to the first 40 answers, and unfortunately answers after 40 will not be counted as I stated above.

Result: 26 out of 40 said yes = .6
95% confidence interval: (0.448, 0.752)

I am 95% confident that the interval from 44.8% to 75.2% captures the true percentage of multilingual players in Torn.