Anyone here into them? I'm thinking of getting into it. Might start off with a DJI phantom 3 or something similar.
http://www.dji.com/products/phantom
Any thoughts please post. :)
I bought one this summer. Relatively big and sturdy, and I can attach my phone to the controller for live view. BUT I kept crashing it lol. It was way harder for me to control than I expected.
I ended up buying a cheap smaller second one. No fancy stuff on it, but it's good for practice and I can play indoors.
Haven't really played much, mainly because I'm rubbish at it, but loved the idea. Ah well, maybe I'll give it another whirl soon.
Yeah I did think of buying a cheaper one to learn but I'm reasonably adept at a range of RC machines pretty much everything, helicopters, boats and vehicles. So I think I will pick it up easily. I could be wrong, lol.
Looking forward to using it on the farm and when I'm out fishing to spot work ups :D
Yeah I reckon if you're already use to rc machines you'll probably pick it up real quick. And you have space on the farm. I had to climb my neighbours fence a.few times ;)
Let us.know when you get it!
Yeah this is all fine and good if you own a farm or have a large public area to fly in, but hover over my yard long enough for me to retrieve a shotgun, and we'll let the lawyers decide what the definition of "Invasion of privacy" actually means.
I'd do the same if someone were to fly around my house too. But yeah, like I said, I'm using it on private farmland and open water. We live on a fairly large body of land so it helps to see where stock are and spotting some elusive wild pigs. People keep telling me I need to work smarter not harder, I'm thinking this is what they mean. :p
Never underestimate the damage wild pigs can do..
I don't have a drone but got a couple r.c. helicopters. I wouldn't mind having a drone. But kids take most of my money.
Yeah they are like a friggen cultivator on the tractor, churning all the prime grazing land up the back in our fenced off native bush as well. The good thing is makes for some great wild pork :D got some real good bacon off the last one. Maybe if I can land a contract with Raytheon or DARPA and get a rifle installed on the drone (just not a hellfire missile) would make for good economy. Not sure how detrimental a .30 cal would be on such an airframe.
would have to be a pretty bad ass drone to equip that. Their mean as hell to. I worked with a guy from texas who told me. when they we're still living there that a group of wild pigs came up n their porch & tried to attack the family.. O guess the family cat wasn't so lucky.. Long story short he made it inside & got his rifle & killed a couple of em. But not before damage had allready been done..
On a side note. I've always wanted to go boar hunting..
Yeah I've been squared up by a big boar once had hooks that looked as long as a pen and I was unarmed, all that stood before me and it was a busted up taranaki gate (a gate made from wire and batons) thing looked like would run straight through it. Had a tense stand-off then it retreated into the undergrowth. I could hear it thrashing wildly through the scrub.
I thought well f**k that's the last time Ill walk down there without a gun.
I can see how it could save a good bit of time and leg work for a visual round up or a scouting run before a hunt. Good luck on the hunt.
Just about to buy a Phantom 4....can't wait.
I've been playing with the cheap Parrot drones and had a lot of fun. Some sensitive modules are inside the landing gear, making it quite fragile. Me and my team broke 5 parrots in one hackaton.
I'm sure the Phantom 4 won't disappoint you. I'm a little jealous to be honest. Have fun :))
Can't fault the drone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibr4C0YtnRk
Are we allowed to post petitions in the forum
i like drones to