23 replies · 620 views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Hunter[651141]
· 14 likes · Running a company is demanding, especially in the case of TVs where there's a real cut throat race for 10* positions. I see that you're not a director but I'll help you out anyway... Start with 5-10M advertising budget, increase …
Smokey123[248901]Helper
· 5 likes · Tarelli giving good and bad advice at the same time xD I love it! OP (autere) You need to do your own research on these things. The likes of myself and Tarelli have done it the hard way.... We can …
Tarelli giving good and bad advice at the same time xD I love it!
OP (autere) You need to do your own research on these things. The likes of myself and Tarelli have done it the hard way.... We can probably run any company type really well and successfully.
I'd advise you trial and error your positions and advertising/prices etc.
Running a company is demanding, especially in the case of TVs where there's a real cut throat race for 10* positions. I see that you're not a director but I'll help you out anyway...
Start with 5-10M advertising budget, increase it slowly until you see that it has effect. Effectiveness is based on a lot of factor including the advertisement budget of the other TV companies so keep monitoring your effectiveness and your budget. It's not an one-shot activity, rather a daily task.
Ensure that you have all of the business educations along with a TGP and TCP benefit blocks.
There's no perfect setup for employee roles. Assign roles to employees based on their working stats. Don't assign people to positions if they don't fill the primary and secondary working stat requirement. 150% of the required stats is the safe side.
Assign someone with 90K+ END to Secretary during role reassignments (or profit drops) to see individual employee incomes. Don't keep a Secretary all of the times as this role is not making profit.
Assign someone to Cleaner if your environment is below 100%. Falling below 100 could hit seriously your income (about 1/3 of your income could be lost).
Don't assign Marketer unless you have someone who fills the high stat requirements. This position doesn't generates direct income but increases a bit your Popularity.
Product (commercial contract) prices are tangible. You can easily calculate out other's setup: just divide their daily profit with the number of customers. Tarelli's product price is 86250 for example. Don't change the product prices drastically, only with baby steps. You'll lose customers if you raise it too quickly.
Make sure your company is full with loyal and active employees. The longer they stay the better bonus they provide - but if they go off for weeks just kick them.
A company with 10 employee slots will stay at 8-9* forever, no chance to reach 10* If you want to reach 10* you need to invest to at least 18 employee spaces.
This is coming from me, I pushed my TV to 10* before I sold it so I know what I'm speaking...
Good maths, just 1 thing the marketeer boosts the advertising in place by the company. Popularity is just a number that you can use to compare yourself against no1 and is purely calculated by GP.
i didnt know shit from apple butter about tv when i started. best thing for any director like that is to look at the top companies and see what they have in their positions. and dont taste the apple butter. you might guess wrong.
I do not know how to thank you. It is really surprising to see someone so helpful.
I myself had some observations and I almost figured out most of the things in a few days. My income is a bit low because I am saving for upgrading the company and then hope to work in full swing.
To be very honest, I never expected anyone to give up financial details, just wanted to see what people think and have a discussion so that I can figure out if my observations are true.
You just nailed it. I mean there is hardly anything left. Anyone can run a tv with your notes.
You got me. It is true I am not director but I own the company I work for. As you figured out it is necessary to have business educations. I have not done them so I let my friend to direct it instead.
Thanks a lot. It was beyond my expectations. You do have a very kind heart. Wish you best of luck.