Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Missions level requirement

Started by Jdaiiz [1973229] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 149 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
21
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

Jdaiiz [1973229]

Will you/ are you planning to take away the missions level requirement.

I'd love to be able to participate in missions, but cannot move passed beginner missions with out levelling up to level 2.

And I wanted to hold my level...

I know there are flying missions ect but to not be able to have the opportunity to do ANY missions because of a personal preference of not levelling up kind of removes a fun part of the game for me.

Hope to see this change
flufffy [494285]

Unless you make a suggestion to change the setup and have him reconsider, ie: Ched said in the Announcement "To unlock Duke, you must go to the missions page (on the sidebar) and speak with Anonymous. Anonymous is unlocked at level 5" then you're out of luck.

Is this really your first / only account? restart? just curious why some new player would decide to hold at level 1.

You could start a support group with other level holders and talk about how sad it is you can't do all those level restricted activities in Torn.
McDallas [14757]

I see level holding as a choice and that choice comes with certain drawbacks. I personally don't think changing the game dynamics to favour "not advancing" as a good thing. Level hold - fine, but accept the drawbacks. You could totally choose to hold at 5 for example just as others choose to hold at 15 once travelling is unlocked.

You have the "opportunity", you're choosing not to take it.
-Jackson [1601454]

This! 100% agree. Yu could easily hold at 5 or even 15 like i did years ago. Hell maybe im holding now. Hmm.
Yu could suggest this to be implemented but i seriously doubt it will happen.
Jdaiiz [1973229]

I only ask the question, not to be mocked... but because its what a lot of people do...

I'm sure a large majority of torncity has held at some point... I'd love to be able to enjoy the mission system, but because i choose this play style I guess I won't get too...

I'm not sure why something that is meant to match your skill/stats would be gated by something such as level anyway.
JustJanet [911066]

The choice to level hold isa strategy meant to give you certain perks... naive people attempting to attack you when they think yo are an easy target, etc. you have to take the restrictions that come along with the choice. It might seem that you are being mocked, but it's really just a case of people realizing that you want both your cake along with the ability to eat it too. You have to choose what you want more. don't think that by making the choice you are then being persecuted. It's your choice to make. You know what it takes to be able to do the missions. It's fairly clear. And yes... most people have level held at some point. they accepted the restrictions holding placed on them too. So what's your point? You can stay at level one and rack up a ton of defends which might look really cool... but you then don't get to travel and have a very low life level. That's your trade. along with that, you don't get to do missions. IF you dislike that, then level up. you have the ability to make it happen... choose what you want more... don't bitch that you should get to have both. I want ice cream and a small ass... I have to choose one or the other. the perks to having a large ass is when I tell someone to kiss it they have an easy target!


Butters [34298]

I've got to say nowadays that holding at level 1 will make you largely useless for most things attacking, unless you stick to hitting players who are significantly weaker than you are in terms of battle stats (ie. they cannot hit you at all), which makes you largely useless in a faction unless everyone else in it is strong(er) and you are the only member needing to pick off those weaker targets in wars.

That will also especially be the case in Duke's missions, which mostly have an attacking focus and in which you are matched up against players according to your battle stats.

It's all down to personal choice though - personally if I was going to be a level holder it wouldn't be at level 1 or 5 if you plan on engaging with the attacking side of the game, as life is as important as your 4 battle stats are nowadays.