Been looking at getting a dedicated NAS solution for my house.
Currently using a Windows 7 Server with a 7 TB Spanned Drive, thus bad...
Would only be using it for storage of music, movies, and backups.
The files would be called upon for my Plex Server, sabnzbd, Sonarr, Couch Potato,
Does anyone have any recommendations for this?
Would like it be a 4 bay that could support 16 TB with a gigabit ethernet connection.
Take a look at the Drobo 5N
It supports Plex, couch potato, not sure on the others though it has lots of apps developing.
http://www.drobo.com/storage-products/5n/#
You might even be able to reuse some drives from current server if you can shift the data elsewhere...
Thank you Mega, I will look into this.
There's loads of 'ebay' nas setups, but if you feel like a bit of a tinker, how 'bout using 'frenas' and putting togther something?
A friend of mine recently got a new board with 8 sata ports that he is using either FreNAS or BSD on. I am following his progress to see how expensive his NAS is gonna be.
right now I think he is around $400-$500, but he got the essential plugins running (Plex, Couch Potato, Sonaar, Sabnzbd, etc).
I will see if he wants to post his progress here.