Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Freak Weather

Started by Reformer [1955074] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 61 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
Reformer [1955074]

An interesting update would be to have a feature that grounded all travel due to some unforeseen and unexpected weather occurrence. It would be quite interesting to see how it impacts Item Market listings (price increases anyone?) and price reversions when flying resumes (think major fallouts due to now overpriced items purchased for resale).

What are your thoughts?

This would impact most everyone, much like a dirty bomb would. :)
Td3h [1785428]

No it would suck balls... It would be extremely annoying to the majority of players with no good cause.
PMV [1577993]

Yea, I'm not seeing the real purpose. It would be an "interesting experiment' at first, but get stupid real fast. Travel is already restrictive, you want to restrict it even more?

R-
Mephesto [1932248]

would love to see something like this with earthquakes shutting down as section of the city as well, this causeing no races/searching dump/getting to bits and bobs.

could even affect foreign places as well like something in switzerland burning down again

interesting concept R+ and bumped
PsychoRaider [1746011]

I like the idea but if I was UEA and I was grounded for a week I probably wouldn't log in for a few months



Also how would it affect work, and education... what would happen with war quotas



Whilst it is a cool idea, I don't think it is sound especially for a small community where people are leaving regularly
Reformer [1955074]

Good point, as I too have seen a lot of "defections" from the game. But no need to worry about it being implemented, what with Chedburn saying that he is not on the lookout for new ideas, as there are many projects underway that deserve more attention... and rightly so.