So, I was told by the doctor I consulted that I needed a new pair of glasses with 100% radiation block. I sit on my computer for an average of 13 hours. Do you guys use any radiation blocker on your monitor?
Monitor Radiation
Started by Robozookie [1792674] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 13 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
So, I was told by the doctor I consulted that I needed a new pair of glasses with 100% radiation block. I sit on my computer for an average of 13 hours. Do you guys use any radiation blocker on your monitor?
The most important thing is that you aren't using CRT screen. Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Squ8r7FFjk
I'm not using a radiation blocker on my laptop but my eyes are watery when i go outside and there is wind or sun or cold so who knows, maybe i need one :D
Yeah, I'm using LED monitor on my PC. Found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBml74uU5E0 from the link you gave. I get watery eyes too at times. Well, I'm getting dizzy when working on my PC, do you get that too?
wats that.
Supposed to take 10 min eye breaks per hour. I know, right.
I think I will starting now :/
the radiation you will experience is minimal
there is more radiation from yor phone in your pocket from the lithium battery or from the potassium in banannas
i don't get dizzy.
I guess you just have to try some different things then. In these areas people are having such different opinions and reactions, i can't even recommend anything. There are some who are so extreme, saying all the things radiate and it's all so bad you must move to a forest. Some who want to sell magical devices that make it all better and also some who say that none of that radiation does anything bad. I'm mostly leaning towards the last group, but i also believe people when they say for them it causes headaches and such. So i guess it's just something that is individual and you should try something and see if it helps. That screen cover seems quite reasonable, like something i would also try it it's just the eyes that are problematic.
Also, maybe try turning down the brightness if you are in darkness and try using lights in the background? As it was mentioned by other people, the radiation itself is minimal and i think there is more radiation coming from the wifi piece anyway than the screen. Perhaps the knowledge of the doctor is from the crt-screen era :)
I remember when i was a kid i was warned about reading in darkness because it's bad for the eyes to strain them. So i think it might just as well be just the reading part. Perhaps you can also just try a bigger zoom level with a browser? (or any other programs you might be using) See how the visibility is from your screen and if you often have to come closer to the screen to see something, you might need a bigger screen :D or to lower the resolution, maybe.
Am I really going to be the first one to mention a hunched squinty eyed porn position?
Edit: Hmm... 13 hours must be some kind of record
[:love_chemistry:]
Yeah, I think so too. I've been thinking why this doctor brought up such issue. But I'm still clueless why I get dizzy on my pc. :/
sitting down for long periods of time and then standing up can make you dizzy (if you dont drink enough water)
At work we use a program called WorkRave
http://www.workrave.org/
It times the period which you are active at your computer, and if you pass a threshold it reminds you to take a 10 minute breather.
Gives you a daily limit and after that time recommends for you to go review some paperwork or do an activity off of the computer.
Since this post, I'm actually doing something similar. A reminder on my phone for rest breaks.