Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Loading symbol (have to refresh to see content)

Started by Nicklfire [46945] on in Bugs & Issues.

82 replies · 549 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 83 / 83 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
83
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
50 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Nicklfire [46945]

The last 2 days i have been having issues with loading pages dynamically. It happens pretty often (1 in 10-20 pages) where all i get is that little loading symbol and i have to refresh screen or go to a different section then go back and it will load properly

Nothing i believe has changed on my end, i did a computer restart just in case, have not tried another browser as of yet but wondering if anyone else has experience this and just wanted to report this as well.

Even just creating "new thread" caused it to happen, so i had to hit back then hit new thread again and it loaded.

Can happen going to any section, trying to buy a item, trying to buy points, depositing money.

[image: s32.postimg.org]
Megadeth [24557]
Please provide the following:
  1. What browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers to see if the issue still persists?
  2. What operating system?
  3. Are you using any scripts? If so, try turning them off and see if that fixes your issue.
  4. Clear out your cache and temporary files as this sometimes resolves minor issues.
  5. What server are you on?
  6. Can you replicate the issue?
  7. Provide a screenshot of the issue.
Nicklfire [46945]
  1. What browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers to see if the issue still persists?
I have tried both firefox and internet explorer and they both have done the same issue . I have noticed it does not happen nearly as frequently with IE then it does with firefox. Again this issue just started 2 days ago i noticed no issues before that
  1. What operating system?
Windows 7 pro 64bit
  1. Are you using any scripts? If so, try turning them off and see if that fixes your issue.
No script at all no, I never use internet explorer and the same issue did on both firefox and ie
  1. Clear out your cache and temporary files as this sometimes resolves minor issues.
I did that in the previous post already and it did not help
  1. What server are you on?
server app4
  1. Can you replicate the issue?
yes, if I simply navigate around the site it does it frequently
  1. Provide a screenshot of the issue.
I provided a screenshot in the first post already
outspoking [573747]

I am having the same exact issue, mainly in crimes, but several other pages seem laggy to, some crimes never load, I have to leave them and do a different crime.
  1. What browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers to see if the issue still persists?I use Firefox
  2. What operating system? Windows7
  3. Are you using any scripts? If so, try turning them off and see if that fixes your issue. No
  4. Clear out your cache and temporary files as this sometimes resolves minor issues. Done
  5. What server are you on? App6 today, App7 yesterday
  6. Can you replicate the issue? Just about anywhere I click, it hesitates with the little running dots....
  7. Provide a screenshot of the issue. ok, I'll be back
here it is...

[image: i.gyazo.com]
LadyD34 [711289]

I am having the same problem. The pages will not load. I go out of the page and hit say crimes and have to keep doing it several times. It also does it when I use medical items of any kind.
outspoking [573747]

Ok, I just switched to my Kindle Fire and it is a little better. It still hesitates with the little dots, but is faster overall than my desktop. Maybe I will try my laptop tomorrow
_TB [102482] Wiki Contributor

I've been getting something very similar, especially on doing crimes (A LOT) , where see the crime page never loads, also when going through item types, Drugs for some reason seems to be the worst of the items.

Firefox 46, Windows. Cache & Cookies cleared.

[image: i18.photobucket.com]
archimede [1565089]

Happens a lot here too.

Using Firebug, I noticed that when it happens is because calls like the following are "Aborted":

https://www.torn.com/item.php?rfcv=5495816885&itemID=180&step=useItem

HTH.

Alessandro
Nicklfire [46945]

yea that's pretty much exactly the same i get.. i get it on crimes alot but also everywhere else the page needs to load like that too
LadyD34 [711289]

I have noticed it for 3 days now. It seems to be on pages that have repetitive actions, such as, crimes and meds or any other item usage like cans, bottles, candies, etc.......
outspoking [573747]

some crimes seem to work better than others, very hard to do the drug crimes, and I might get ine car stolen and then it sits there and spins

today I am on App2, and things are not as sluggish so far
YourMomsMom [1944588]

I am having loading problems from the crimes screen. sometimes load, sometimes doesn't. I have had to settle for lower crimes that work as I push towards my 5000th theft. Firefox 46, Windows. Cache & Cookies cleared. 3 days.