What happens if your karma drops below 0?
Karma
Started by du48gune [1923290] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 15
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 66 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Most-liked replies
- APOLLO [862724]
· 5 likes ·
I have heard that it is an incredibly difficult feat to achieve but if you finally manage to achieve the seemingly impossible you will gain access to a super secret forum and receive a super secret honor bar that is … - bogie [148747] Admin
· 3 likes ·
The reason from what I can see for you getting so many - rates is because half of your contributions in this board alone are unhelpful and generally incorrect... - 1GLao [1981317]
· 1 likes ·
You could try and find out. Most likely won't happen, though. I get quite a few thumbs down, but also a lot more thumbs up. There are sad, sensitive people playing this game so my jokes hurt a lot of …
What happens if your karma drops below 0?
Your personal karma cannot drop below 0, only thread karma can drop below 0.
It can't drop below 0.
You could try and find out. Most likely won't happen, though. I get quite a few thumbs down, but also a lot more thumbs up. There are sad, sensitive people playing this game so my jokes hurt a lot of feelings (don't ask me how when we don't personally know each other, but eh) however, you'll always find quite a lot more who realizes this is a game and will enjoy or appreciate your posts, so unless you specifically try to negate your karma, i wouldn't worry about it even reaching 0. Plus, from what I've learned, karma doesn't affect you in any way besides 1000 getting you into a VIP forum and from what I learned of those, no different from regular forums with a lot more sensitive whiners.
I have heard that it is an incredibly difficult feat to achieve but if you finally manage to achieve the seemingly impossible you will gain access to a super secret forum and receive a super secret honor bar that is so secret it is invisible. The main benefit though is the 'auto roam' feature which means you no longer have to search the city. City finds are just automatically added to to your items every time you log in. It's very hard to achieve but wish you the best luck in achieving it.
I'll help you on your way to negative karma, APOLLO!
Damn it, rated up instead of down :P
What happens when the thread karma drops below 0?
:/
Nothing, it just makes your thread look bad upon initial viewing of all threads in that forum.
Karma has absolutely no impact in the game at all, apart from when you reach a karma score of 1000 (you receive access to a VIP forum at this point)
I like sad sensitive people!
Leave em alone!
Whining threads often drop below 0 :P
The reason from what I can see for you getting so many - rates is because half of your contributions in this board alone are unhelpful and generally incorrect...
It's ok. Never said I was worried about it. On this board, it's true. I generally just put some random stuff up for fun. Making sure there's already a correct answer first. What can I say? I enjoy just saying random shit. In the fun and games section, however, that's what I was referring to mostly. But I'm not aiming for the most thumbs up or thumbs down. I enjoy my comments and every so often I'll poke at someone who gets so serious that they get angry. kinda stupid on their part cause....it's not like we really know each other, and we're playing Torn....c'mon. My youngest son doesn't get his feelings hurt as much as these people that should be older than 8. But eh.