Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Track Selection Questions

Started by Kiber [1906187] on in Racing.

4 replies · 67 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
48 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
Kiber [1906187]

I'm about half way through Class B and have been trying to keep track of my stats as I go. Based on this - I'm curious about the track selection for races. I would have thought that it was random - but it doesn't seem to be. There are some tracks that I race much more frequently than others. And some that I haven't raced at all yet. Further - some tracks I've only raced at higher levels. For reference - here is the distribution of my races so far:
Uptown4%
Withdrawal7%
Underdog18%
Parkland11%
Docks4%
Commerce5%
Two Islands0%
Industrial3%
Vector1%
Mudpit7%
Hammerhead5%
Sewage1%
Meltdown4%
Speedway19%
Stone Park12%
Convict0%
So I guess here are some of my questions.

1. Are there certain tracks that you can only race at higher levels? In class E I raced in 7 different tracks, Class D 8, Class C 11, and Class B 14 so far. If random - this could simply be a function of spending more time at higher levels. Or do you have to be a higher rated driver to get access?

2. If not class dependent - then are certain tracks just more rare? I've only raced Sewage and Vector once each, and I haven't raced Two Islands or Convict at all.

3. Not a track question - but while I'm at it - does the rate at which you gain Driver Skill change based on your level? I'm roughly level 4.8 now - am I gaining driver skill at the same rate per race now as I was at ds2 or ds3? I'm trying to keep track of this as well - but I just don't have enough data to get a good picture yet.

Anyway - just curious if anyone had any input.

Thanks,
Kiber
TriTuRaDoR [1021253]

nice job!
think only the game makers can help you here....but by your numbers seems that in oficial races there might be restriction for some traks in lower classes.


Guy_Smiley [668097]

i have kind of noticed that tracks come and go...i mat not race in mudpit for two weeks,then race it 3 times in one day..i have wondered if it is related to the car you choose..many times i have picked my mercedes and get put into a convict race..or the lexus and put into a speedway race..for the most part i think its random
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Tracking the races from one person gives a very small sample size.

And yes, as you gain more skill, your skill goes up slower.


Kiber [1906187]

I agree with the sample size being too small. That's part of why I asked the question. I wondered if other people were seeing similar results to what I was. Obviously - if it's random, than others will have different experiences.

Below is some of my data - percentage of races on each track, broken out by class.
CLASS BCLASS CCLASS DCLASS E
Ford MustangCorvette Z06Toyota MR2Renault Clio
Underdog14%Speedway23%Underdog24%Stone Park30%
Industrial12%Withdrawal17%Speedway24%Underdog26%
Docks11%Underdog13%Parkland17%Speedway19%
Hammerhead9%Parkland13%Commerce10%Mudpit11%
Speedway9%Hammerhead10%Mudpit10%Parkland7%
Uptown7%Uptown7%Stone Park7%Docks4%
Withdrawal7%Commerce7%Meltdown3%Sewage4%
Parkland7%Mudpit3%Sewage3%
Meltdown7%Meltdown3%
Stone Park7%Stone Park3%
Mudpit5%
Commerce4%
Vector2%
Underdog is in the top 3 for each class, whereas some barely show up and others haven't shown up at all yet. So that's what makes me think it's not random. Purely random and I'd be virtually guaranteed of having raced every track so far, which I haven't. Also - the distribution within each level would be more even - which it isn't. Certainly the lower levels can be explained by sample size - but by Class B there should be enough races to get a more even distribution.

The question about a relationship between track and car is interesting. I wish I had enough info to look into that.

The rate of skill increase decreasing as skill level increases makes sense and seems to match my preliminary info.

Thanks,
Kiber