Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Real time attacking

Started by Muigi [1736699] on in Suggestions.

2 replies · 29 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
33 / 100
Muigi [1736699]

I am unsure if this topic has come up before, but given Torn's age it probably has. We all have had attacks that go somewhat like this and I will exaggerate for drama and entertainment purposes:

Muigi stabs Chedburn in the eye for no damage.

Muigi shoots Chedburn in the gonads and Chedburn receives a health gain of 50.

Now, a guy like me has no business attacking Chedburn, I will get blown away. But what I am proposing is a real time attacking system where not only can I choose the weapon I am using to attack the person but I can target a section of a persons body. An active fight might look like this.

Your turn:
Attack with Mini Gun, Dual 92G Berettas, Diamond Bladed Knife or Pepper Spray

Attack head, upper torso, lower torso, arms or legs

Choice Diamond Bladed Knife at lower torso

Result:
You attempt to hit Chedburn in the stomach with your Diamond Bladed Knife but he dodges to the right.
Chedburn hits you in the head with a pillow for 117482 damage.
You are now in the hospital enjoy your stay. Chedburn left you a box of tissues.

Dramatics aside, what I am also proposing that if the person you are attacking is currently online they could intervene in the fight. The browser would halt what you are doing elsewhere in Torn if you are attacked and give you the opportunity to defend yourself and attempt to dodge, attack and counter.

This is the general idea running around in my head. What do you guys think?
999FEDTL [1990064]

I dont think this is a great idea , coz obviously a head shot or a neck shot takes more life than any other body part and everyone will obviously use that option to win the fight.


So I guess randomizing it would be better than manual selection cause its a game , the part we are gonna attack is like a mini lotto i.e if we get lucky , we might get a good shot and make considerable damage , giving us the edge over our opponent.

So i kinda think this won't be required.

Not rated yet ;)