Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Med use during attacks

Started by RidgeRunner [518314] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 218 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
33
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

RidgeRunner [518314]

I noticed this past weekend that we cannot use meds while being attacked. Maybe an admin or committee member can tell us why that changed.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

It's been this way pretty much immediately from when the update to meds came out where they gave life...

This is to prevent people abusing the system by continuously restoring their life whilst being attacked.

This isn't new or even a change.
RidgeRunner [518314]

Obviously I was aware that meds could be used while being attacked but did not know it had changed when meds started giving life. So I do not feel it was an abuse to the system. It was a way to defend yourself. I feel it was a bad decision to take this option away especially since multiple players can attack you at the same time. For those that are aware during battles and know when they are being attacked options to defend are now down to jumping on a plane.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

You're over a year too late to this one... so obviously this wasn't relevant to you anyway... Clearly you don't seem to need it as your experience in attacking is evidentially extremely limited. This much is clear given that your total respect gained is like... a single weekend's worth...

'Defending yourself' is called attacking back....


You couldn't use meds outside of the hospital before that update though, so not quite sure what awareness you had about using them whilst being attacked prior to that update...
RidgeRunner [518314]

You have no idea what my rl is like or my long term game play will be so as usual this is your opinion.

Edit:
Maybe you are the unaware one here. I do not know when it changed but I do know I have used meds while being attacked. Why does it matter if it was a year ago or a few months ago?
I have ask a question that I feel is legitimate. Why make it about my game play?
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Yes, it existed for all of about 2 days.

Then it was changed when it was clear it was an abusive and unintended tactic.

You asked for an answer... and I answered it..

You can't shrug things off for being my opinion when the only issue you seem to have with this feature is your own opinion...

The purpose is to make it balanced.

As said, it's existed pretty much immediately from release.
RidgeRunner [518314]

Thank you for clearing it up for me. I guess I was one of the fortunate few that got to experience med use while being attack within those two days.

I just dont know why you always have to make it so personal.

I ask a question. If you had said it existed for a few days and was determined to be a abusive and unintended tactic in your first reply. I would have said thank you for letting me know.

Thank you for letting me know.....
Gertrude [780530]

"so obviously this wasn't relevant to you anyway... Clearly you don't seem to need it as your experience in attacking is evidentially extremely limited. This much is clear given that your total respect gained is like... a single weekend's worth..."


Wow. There is this thing called TACT. Obviously you have never learned this skill. You could have responded in a more constructive manner. No excuses that 'this is just a game'. I don't believe that. People play this game according to who they really are. You did.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Sorry I hadn't realised just for a*****es had so many feelings to be hurt... I had just assumed those so willing to give it out would be those who could take it. My mistake, I will treat them like little school children then who need their hands holding and told they are special...