Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

PSA: Backwards Incompatible Changes

Started by Mauk [1494436] on in API Development.

3 replies · 90 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
Mauk [1494436]

Hello, folks.

As you all must know, the API is considered a beta feature. It had changes several times in the past, but there isn't a public changelog for us to keep track of what's going on. That being the case, I'll try to keep a list of API changes in this post, with especial attention to the breaking ones -- these will be marked as red.

2016-05-31 - BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE

/user/?selections=messages: from property changed to ID, name property added
/user/?selections=messages,events: timestamp query parameter added - it's a time filter (newer than)

If you file a bug report or feature request that results in a backward incompatible change, I'd appreciate if you replied to this thread so it's bumped and I can edit the list. Please, keep the conversation to a minimum, so that bumps are mostly relevant notices.
0day [1993635]

I try to make separate methods for each call. It takes a little more time, but it makes it easier to fix when calls become deprecated.

I think it's a good idea to keep track of the changes. Would a proper wiki with code samples be useful in the near future?