Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rules about scripts

Started by KnifeGirl [1548391] on in Graveyard.

44 replies · 625 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

KnifeGirl [1548391]

Many thanks to all of you who have contributed so far to this discussion.
My sole motive was to point out what I believe are inadequate provisions in the rules for scripts.

Quite rightly some have pointed out fairly innocuous "scripts" which do very little or nothing to directly disadvantage or harm another player. Of course there are some arguments regarding the degree of advantage.

Forget though all the arguments - I am merely suggesting that only rules can be a definitive answer. I am not suggesting it is easy to formulate the rules BUT I am suggesting the current wording is inadequate to cover what is and what is not an allowed script.
Somebody suggested, that we can always refer a script to Clansy for a judgement. That seems a fair and reasonable process for me - in which case is that what the rules should be amended to?
Cursed [1901987]

the rules are not clear:

any script gives a player an advantage, that is the WHOLE POINT of the script

so banning scripts that give players an advntage is super vague

what they ACTUALLY mean is it cant do anything active
McNeo [864688]

But that's the thing - They're can't be a definitive answer. It's hard to draw a line in a world of unknowns.

There's scripts they don't know about.
There's new scripts made every day.
There's existing scripts that get updated.
- There's no way to say "this is ok" and "this is not" to things that don't yet exist.



0day [1993635]

So if it helps me I can't build it? I guess I can stop the development of anything in the pipeline right now rofl.