Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Increasing work stats

Started by scelerophobic [1999974] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 459 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

scelerophobic [1999974]

I've been here about 10 days and I got a starter job in the casino. I've completed one education course and have 2.5 days on a second one. Are there other ways to increase my work stats quickly? It seems like they increase VERY slowly and I'd like to be able to make progress in my career path or just get a job in one of the private shops, but they all have crazy high stats required. Thanks!
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

You could join a company. Most companies will rotate trains (extra gains on top of daily workstats gains), or you could buy more trains to gain workstats even faster.
ExemptedNut [1985107]

^ I second this.

Also, its just a game of patience - things such as work stats and battle stats just take time. Sure there are things you can do to speed it up a bit but you'll sleep better if you come to terms with the fact its a never ending game. I have to remind myself of this every time I log in :p
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

that is what I am doing currently building up intelligence, to get the 10% course reduction time.

If you do not have enough work stats for education then jump into a player company as the others have said one that trains the higher the stars the better.
Sweet shop may suit your immediate needs off top my head its 7* to get energy cans for sale/use.
Ilmatar [641520]

iirc beeline for medical. Then switch to education and finally law. Alternate between education and law as you increase inteligence and endurance using job specials towards 150.000 each.
OR... go the army route and spend a very long time doing that.. aiming for a eventual oildriller job 5 years down the road.
Ilmatar [641520]

damn you N00bs have it easy, education now gives all the goodies. Yeah go into education and pump your stats like crazy. And when you have 1.5 times "maximum" stats for jobs in real companies... then you will be valued employees. Plan your career already now instead of tossing those education points to the wind...
scelerophobic [1999974]

Thanks, everyone. I have had a starter job since day one and about to complete my second education class. I have a character plan, so I know which classes I'll be targeting. It just seems so slow to build those stats, but I guess like ExemptedNut said, it's meant to be a long term game, so patience will be a virtue.
Sarah_W [2000475]

It's not suppose to be THAT slow. You gotta look around for a player run job, because the gains are at least 5x better usually and this can vastly accelerate your work stats. Chat me if you are looking because I believe my company is looking for active new players
ExemptedNut [1985107]

I don't know about 5x better. I get 25 end 25 man and 30 int a day in education. Don't know of any player run companies that give 125 125 and 150 stats a day, let alone all 3 stats a day
maledict [1677916]

Whenever I see this topic i cringe at the terrible info given out as advice. Wasting your time in Education is such bad advice for many reasons, but mainly because at just 2 director trains a day you start to outpace the gains from the city job without wasting time raising your rank/job points and in many cases while being able to benefit from vastly superior specials all from level 3 and beyond.

A best case scenario has someone earning over 500 Primary and 250 Secondary work stats daily, + bonus job special. Raise your 3 work stats high enough to join and rank up in all torn city jobs (if you want the merits/perks ect), then focus on whatever job you want end game, earn enough then not worry about the stupid grind that is work stats in torn.

Caveats:
1.) Willing/Able to pay 100k per director train (basically easily doable at lvl 15, travel once or twice a day to make measly amount of money)
2.) Like player run company specials

Unless you like staring at paint dry for 3 years, start asking any player run companies at 9 or 10-star and cut a deal for trains. If you can afford to just aim for 10 or more trains a day. You should not be sacrificing 3 years to get any sort of job in Torn when you can easily power level your work stats to a point where you just don't worry about them ever again until another update rolls out (very small risk at current state of game).

Also keep in mind player run companies only require 2 of 3 stats (66.5% Primary / 33.5% Secondary stat split), so unless you are OCD, too lazy to rehab while grossly addicted to drugs, it is currently more practical to focus on 2 out of the three stats once you know which jobs you'll want in the long run.

What about the hinted start job changes?
I wouldn't worry too much about them being better than player run companies as that would completely destroy Ched's most recent effort with the company update.

Try not to make the same mistake I did and really plan out every single job you think you might want in the future and you can get any job you want within a year within a $200m budget or less.

A cheap investment considering the alternative time sink when attempting to attain the same amount of work stats for "free". My training was paid back to me in 80 days in an Oil Rig at the time.

Times I've been trained by a director:3,426
Current Work stats:
Manual labour: 100,750
Intelligence: 179,245
Endurance: 72,183


Wait why am I in a "shitty" torn job? Merits...rest of the game currently bores me.