Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

CnC - Getting back into it!

Started by Eagle-Eye [379736] on in Graphics.

12 replies · 92 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Eagle-Eye [379736]
So after a few years studying at uni, and then a couple more of not really wanting to open Photoshop at home as well as being really inactive on Torn, I have returned and looking to be fully active again. I have also re-caught the GFX-making fever [:smiley:]

I've been messing about the last few days, making a few sigs. Old sizes and the new "respo" size (annoying amiright?).

Looking for some CnC on the below:

[image: i813.photobucket.com]

[image: i813.photobucket.com]


[image: s3.amazonaws.com]

[image: i813.photobucket.com]

[image: i813.photobucket.com]

[image: i813.photobucket.com]

[image: i813.photobucket.com]

[image: i813.photobucket.com]



[image: s3.amazonaws.com]

Many thanks [:smiley:]

ZOMB13 [1795241]

You need to leave those black lines back in 2010 where they belong xD not bad for so long without making anything start working on lighting and maybe add some c4ds/fractals or more texture work to add to the tags
Nine [1463956]

The borders you use are really oldskool. I sometimes use border as well, but stick to a 1 pixel stroke. Some argue its old beyond use but i don't believe that. On some tags it just looks good. The type of border you use, i'm not really feeling it. Think it would do better without tbh.
Also the positioning of render on the Tom Clansy tag is slightly off. Always try to remember the rules of third when placing your render.
the tags could also use a bit of better blending and mostly what i'm missing is the ''wow'' factor. It really looks like a good foundation but it needs something more.

That said, you just getting started again. Keep it up. Watch some tuts. Many styles to find and have changed over the years you did nothing. And welcome back =)
Eagle-Eye [379736]

Haha but I always liked those black lines! xD I thought maybe it's a forgotten gem that could be brought back? As for c4ds, i really don't like using them, not saying they're no good, I just prefer the grungey look. But yeah, lighting & textures I guess..
Eagle-Eye [379736]

Same with the black lines, i used to enjoy these borders too, and thought they'd be good to bring back. I'll post what they look like in a few mins what they look like w/o the lines & borders. In regards to the positioning of the render of Tom Clansy, the render has a hard flat edge where it's been cut. Not too much I can do about that, or what would you do? But yes I'm aware of rule of thirds.

Thanks for the honesty, i was expecting harsher remarks tbh ^^, and thanks for the welcome back! :)
Nine [1463956]

There is many you can do to make use of the hard flat edge. Try some splatter brushes infront of layer to hide the fact hes missing a arm..or you can use c4d's to cover it up. A hard flat edge is always workable if you just try out a few things to cover it up.
Also by doing this, you can create some nice depth while fixing a problem =)
Nine [1463956]

Well, i think great on you understanding what i mean..But however, it feels rushed and looks it to. Take some time to make it look good. And it doesn't have to be the first thing you try. Try a couple ways of covering it up. Till you find something that just looks right
Eagle-Eye [379736]

Apologies, it was pretty much the first thing I tried. I've put up another couple of versions, i feel as if that area blends in quite well with the background now.

Edit - maybe a bit more contrast in that area?

Edit - Added a new one
-Ag3nt- [1196263]

I remember you. I use to be in love with your 3d gun graphic tags. That was a LOong time ago haha. Graphics has changed a lot but your style takes me back to what first made me want to start tagging. Hell, you were around before the whole 3d popout phase xD

Good to see you back and if you want once my life settles down a bit I would love to help you maintain your style bit update it through a few techniques of my own. If your interested ofc.
Eagle-Eye [379736]

Hi Agent, I remember you too! :) And yes, I still have the gun art PSD [:wink:] Will be looking to bring that back too! [:laughing:]

The thing is, I honestly prefer the old style [:cry:] With the grunge effects n stuff. I get that times change and the methods change with it. But if everyone is doing the same or similar thing, why follow the crowd? There isn't really right or wrong with art, it's personal taste.

With that being said, I'd still take you up on your offer [:smiley:]