Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Monthly subscription

Started by Drmark [14505] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 530 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
Drmark [14505]

Where can you find the conditions?
Do you get charged automatically every month?
When stopping it, is there a specific term/period you have to notify/unsubscribe?
Sil3nced [1535416]

As far as I know, cancelling subscriptions are are not mentioned anywhere.

There is mention about being put in Fed for subscription cancellation/your payment not being payed by your bank. if it suits Torn overlords.

I agree that Torn should be more open about how to cancel and how it would affect the player.

Yes, you get charged monthly, I assume on the same date as you start your subscription, but that is a guess as nothing in the subscriber section mentions the exact date payments will be taken.

If Torn allowed the user to set a particular date each month, it would, I think, encourage more to subscribe.

The time period to unsubscribe is as far as I know, a grey area.

The rules to unsubscribe should be much clearer.

Up rated as I think this is a very good question, and think if there was clearer information, it would help fund the running of the game

. [:hushed:]
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

You can cancel your subscription whenever you like, this happens through paypal (or other payment option you used) afaik, it will just not charge you money the next time your payment is due and your subscription will run out. This should happen instantly and is completely legal.

What's not legal however is asking via a chargeback through the means you used to pay for donations / subscriptions. It's only legal if you ask the appropriate people in Torn, so they can also adjust your networth etc. (atleast that's how I think it works).

If you have any questions or issues regarding your donations / subscriptions there's several ways to contact torn, these being:
payments@torn.com / heather@torn.com . You can also mail Clansdancer ingame ID 65306.




Marc [24377]

Subscriptions can be cancelled without any recourse. The cancellation option will appear in the PayPal recurring payment screen.

Doing a chargeback is completely against the rules, even if you ask.

Chargebacks actually cost the retailer money (speaking from personal annoying experience with my job... a lovely £12 per chargeback with our credit card provider!).

Since the subscription pack is only credited to you account when the money is taken from PayPal, if you cancel before the money is taken then nothing will happen to your account :)
Drmark [14505]

I dont intent to chargeback anything.

But when i subscribe to something i want to know the rules and obligations, as well as my rights.

Now its like you sign a contract without reading it first.

Thanks for you replies, it seems all fine with having the possibility to cancel whenever you like. However, it should be noted more clear.


Mat-Senpai [952164]

Charge backs only really apply to donator packs when buying them, getting the items and then charging back (which results in fed) - for subscriptions you are credited for what you pay for and can cancel at anytime, but if you paid for a month and charge that back i imagine it would result in the same fed.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

I have a subscription. It charges me once a month and everything is automatic. I've stopped it in the past, when I had a bunch of donator time built up, with no problems, and restarted it again when I was ready.

If you're trying to do something fishy, like the chargebacks, then expect it to not work out like you want. When you hear people complain about being fedded for canceling, they don't tend to mention the "I got the benefits, then tried to back out of the payment" part.

If you want to legitimately subscribe for awhile then cancel, you aren't likely to have any problems.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. I'm not staff, but I've been through the process of subscribing, cancelling, subscribing again, etc.
Marc [24377]

Charging back is pretty much the same as going into a shop, buying something, taking it home, calling your bank and telling them you didn't get what you paid for. It's basically fraud, and I'm sure most banks have something in their terms and conditions about not filing false chareback reports.
karen_de_Pointe [2001063]

Is being a donator and a subscriber all the one, or how does that work? I see some people are both or either one. I just bought a donator pack and I seem to be both. Don't know much about this. Can anyone explain a bit more about it to me? thanks


rabbit [1995921]

My parents told me that they once bought a fish they didn't like, so they flushed it down the toilet and chargebacked. To this day, we're still trying to find Dory.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Being a donator gives you donator stats. You can get that by using a donator pack, or by subscribing.

Subscribing means that you once a month you get charged $4.85 for another month. Your credit card gets billed through paypal (and I think they have some other options, like bitcoin payments). It's automatically billed until you cancel.

There is also an annual subscription available instead of monthly.
MaxHeadRoom [1429645]

Wow just wow

You are NOT fedded for cancelling a sub.

To cancel a sub you have to go directly paypal (or whatever service you are using) and do it from there.

Your sub is charged to you on the day you start the sub.

A sub lasts 31 days and can be cancelled whenever you like and you keep the days you paid for.



If you do not have the cash to pay your sub, your sub is cancelled.

You only get autofedded in the event of a chargeback.