Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Warbase

Started by Wolverine [1971836] on in API Development.

2 replies · 76 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
23 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
Wolverine [1971836]

I see the "wars" list in faction "basic" section that lists the factions we are warring: if we are warring 20 factions, do I have to do 20 API calls to get the name of all their members?

and what if I want to get the personal stats of all enemy members?

I'll surely lock my api key if I want the personal stats of 100 members at once by doing 100 consecutive api calls.

What I would like to do is a scan of the available target in my warbase to check which of them I can easily attack, all of this by using a tool created by me: any suggestions?
McNeo [864688]

Torn Stats usersscript already does this, but if you want to do something home-grown you could initially make it go off a timer so you hit your 100 api calls per minute limit (assuming you're not using anything else at the moment), then just build your own database with the information you retrieve. Then when you come back later to query a user just use your local database rather than an API query, and you can make it "expire" after x days/weeks which would trigger a new api call for that player so your local database doesn't get too outdated.