Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Taking requests

Started by Zeb [1427245] on in API Development.

15 replies · 496 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
16
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
75 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

Zeb [1427245]

Due to an excess of down time in my career (web development) I can take requests of applications to be made with the Torn API. I will charge by project, or if there is enough interest I will do it for free, or greatly reduced cost. Feel free to message me!

When I say cost I'm referring to in game cash, as to not break rules.
jjk007 [2012837]

A variant of the DoctorN project for mobile? Overall it is a concise, good look at your character. A suggestion, not a request, however.
Stylin [1474127]

i would like a app that i could use to just check on the stockmarket and my portfolio and ability to buy/sell shares..

tired of using slow browser that eats up my battery [:laughing:]

could look something like this


[image: i.imgur.com]

[image: i.imgur.com]

just imagine something like that but for torn stocks. would be awesome IMO.


I think a lot of people log into torn just to see stockmarket/portfolio.. would be nice to have a app that does that.

possible? [:dizzy:]
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

This is somewhat possible. However, you'll never be able to buy and sell shares without logging into torn. Also, the stock market API is intentionally delayed, so it's still not going to be exactly everything you dream. Your best bet is still going to be to log in to Torn and see what's going on.
Jeggy [1526723]

haven't added mails yet, but events works :)
I'm working alone on this project, and if anyone wanna join I have made it opensource: https://github.com/jeggy/TornNotifications

This is a hobby app i'm working on, so new features come a bit slowly. But am planning to support everything ;) like stocks in graphs and a bunch others

My base idea for this app is making it hugely settings based, so you can control everything from when to get notified and about what.
Jeggy [1526723]

Current features are:
* notification when energy/happy/nerve/life is full
* notification when drug/medical/booster cooldown is done
* notification when landing in torn and other countries
* notification when receiving an event
* specify which notifications you want to get
* set interval on how many seconds between each API check.
* watch your bars like energy and travel time right in the app where i draw them like torn does on the website

Future plans:
* make a widget so you can watch your bars and more right on your home screen
* update the bars in app every second without the need to make a api request.
* make the app itself look more beautiful
* make the notification view look better and display more relevant information based on each type of notification
* notification about stocks
* and a lot more
* update screenshots and icons in the app and on the playstore.. :P


Daneel_Olivaw [1736842]

Most profitable item in general or flower/plushie? I started looking into using Google Sheets with API to auto-update flower and plushie profitability, or if not auto, with one click. My background in programming is very old, and not the least bit recent, so I don't know how far I'll get, but this is something I, and many others, would use regularly.