4 replies · 149 views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
Most-liked replies
Smokey123[248901]Helper
· 2 likes · No worries about the double thread. I hope this one doesn't get grave yard'd because i'm about to answer your question. No, there is nothing you need to do or give back to your director. They are simply trying to …
I finally got a job with a good company and my Director has been training me like crazy, hes quadrupled my work stats in just a few days...Should I compensate him in some way? Ive heard people offering to pay to get a job but was wondering if I should be compesating after the fact?
I guess because im still relatvely new im trying to get a feel for any " un-written rules " here..
No worries about the double thread. I hope this one doesn't get grave yard'd because i'm about to answer your question.
No, there is nothing you need to do or give back to your director. They are simply trying to get your stats up to the recommended required amount for your job position. It will actually help THEM earn more profit/income/stock (whichever your position is) if you meet the requirements for the position you are in.
However, You could simply thank them.. As they are paying per train they give you.
It's totally up to you what you want to do. But there is no need to give or do anything.
I totally agree with smokey above in that it's in your director's best interest to train you up.
However, the one thing that should always be valued over stats, money, perks, and honors is the potential for friends and allies.
I was in a Fitness Center job last year and a few of us chipped in an bought him a Torn 10th Birthday Cake to celebrate his 3650th day in Torn. It was a lot of money for us then, as we were very new here.
Hopefully it was a gesture we will all remember for a long time.