Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Booke multi wrong

Started by BlackStorm [85543] on in Bugs & Issues.

24 replies · 197 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

BlackStorm [85543]

Hi staff, bookie multis for 2 teams cannot both be larger than 2, to prevent abuse.
  • Marlins
    • 2.2
    • $12.00 + stake
    • BET
  • 11/10
    Pirates
    • 2.1
    • $11.00 + stake
    • Your Bet: $100,000,000
http://www.torn.com/bookie.php#/step=view&ID=33466

I went back to check my bet today and only then noticed Marlins also had a multi > 2. Just like to report this wrong multi. I only realized that Pirates should have been a lower multi than 2, since they were the favourites to win.


BlackStorm [85543]

the wrong multi actually cost me 100m. I wasn't sure who to go for in this match, so I decided to pick the underdog (I saw pirates at 2.1 and thought they were the underdog; turns out they weren't and the 2.1 multi was simply a mistake.)
BlackStorm [85543]

what logic is this? I've done hundreds of bookie bets over the last two years, dude. There is NEVER a 2x multi for BOTH teams in any bet if the only outcome is win/lose (no draw).

Doesn't take much of a brain to know that I could put 1bn on one team, and get another friend to place 1bn on the other team for me, for a guaranteed profit regardless of result.
BlackStorm [85543]

Thanks Marc. I would have reported this earlier, but I only realized the multis were off when I checked back this morning to calculate my profits from last night's results.
BlackStorm [85543]

Dude, are you dumb or stupid? In a lot of soccer bets, there are 3 outcomes: Team A wins, Team B wins, or draw. So you can have a bookie multi of >2 for team A to win, and a multi of >2 for team B to win.

For baseball there are only 2 outcomes: Team A wins or team B wins, so at least one team has to have a multi of below 2.

That was a really stupid comment you made. For your benefit, would you like to know why if a bookie bet has only 2 results, both cannot be above 2?
BlackStorm [85543]

Thanks Rated. If anything, I would like the 100m I put on that bet back. I usually bet on the underdog for baseball, and when I saw the multi of 2.1 for pirates I assumed they were the underdog and bet on them right away. It was only later after I checked my bets and bets were closed that I realized that pirates were actually the favourites to win. The multi should have been 2.1 and 1.77 or something like that, not 2.1 and 2.2
BlackStorm [85543]

Anyway I see you didn't read my first answer, which would have saved you some embarrassment before you shot your mouth off without thinking. It always fascinates me how some people can assert something really stupid, with such certainty. Thanks for pointing out whatever you did, was an astute observation on your part with 0 relevance whatsoever.

"what logic is this? I've done hundreds of bookie bets over the last two years, dude. There is NEVER a 2x multi for BOTH teams in any bet if the only outcome is win/lose (no draw).

Doesn't take much of a brain to know that I could put 1bn on one team, and get another friend to place 1bn on the other team for me, for a guaranteed profit regardless of result/"
BlackStorm [85543]

Yup and that's why you stay stupid your entire life lol. You must have felt really smart over your discovery that in soccer bets two teams can have a multi >2. Instead of learning why your math, common sense and logic failed, you post something stupid, untrue and irrelevant again.
rabbit [1995921]

Baseball however, this isn't the case as BS has stated. You can't have 2 multis of 2+ on baseball which is why some have 1.87 and 1.95 because most times a "clear" favourite between the 2 can't be distinguished.
miro [1689701]

hmmm lets just see shall we... Player sees a bug in the bookie. Bets 100m to capitalize on this error. Reports it a few mins after shes about to lose the bet. 12 mins later claims the bug has cost them 100m. Maybe a fed jail sentence is in order for bug abuse?
BlackStorm [85543]

This is where your peanut brain has reached its limit. Think bigger. If I had wanted to exploit this bug, I would have split the 8bn cash I had on hand. Get four friends to bet 1bn each on pirates, another four to bet 1bn each on marlins and walk away with a guaranteed 400m or 800 profit. And of course, not report this bug. It fascinates me how dumb people can be sometimes.
BlackStorm [85543]

Then again I'm supposed what you just said is the smartest thing you could come up with, just like how you thought you were the only person smart enough to know that soccer multis can be >2 for either team to win. Hope you become less stupid one day.