Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Travel

Started by gra [672042] on in API Development.

10 replies · 304 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
72 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

gra [672042]

Hi guys, i'm just learning the structure for the API and trying to find travel locations and items(i know this has been done so is possible docN), i've been through the declared types and cant see what i''m looking for.

Are there more types that aren't shown on the api.torn.com page? the closest i can see is user->travel, but that says destination time left ect ...

any help would be much appreciated :)


IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

That isn't available in the API. DocN relies on it's community of users to build the pages you see it using, and builds it's own resources.
Fuzzywazzy [1608900]

I've used Java Script in Google Scripts to import the travel run data into a spreadsheet for calculations. It still needs more work, but Ill eventually have profit rates updated every 5 minutes or so. The spreadsheet will tell you what is the best option based on the amount of time you have, the amount of money you have, and the profit rates. I'm thinking of switching out of the spreadsheet though and just making an program in C++ because I know that language better.
Kivou [2000607]

I would suggest using python instead of C++. It is way more appropriate for this kind of light programs.

BTW you can link python and google spreadsheet, travelrun and the torn API quite easily. That way you can keep the handy and nice aspect of the spreadsheet.
Fuzzywazzy [1608900]

Thanks for the advice! Now I'll have to go learn python as well XD. I'm wondering if I should set up some dummy accounts so I can increase the number of API calls I can make per minute, while decreasing the overall API load on Torn. I feel like I would need to clear that with staff first so I don't get nailed for multi.
Kivou [2000607]

+1

Don't do that. You have a 100 requests / min which is enough, even for debug.

Combine the selections to lower the number of requests. For exemple, instead of


https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=networth&key=XXX

https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=bazaar&key=XXX

use

https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=networth,bazaar&key=XXX


you'll have both in a single request.