Anyone care to tell me why you don't believe in God? I want good reasons and no long answers. And nothing about Agnosticism. Asking if you believe is a yes or no question.
Debate
Started by TheLordofGoats [1997991] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 29
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 40 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Bueno_Excelente [34014]
· 1 likes ·
No, that's not what agnosticism means. Agnostics simply accept that there is no satisfactory way of deciding the existence of a God or gods, one way or the other. That's it. When you decide that you don't find this position … - Henryk_Batuta [1563474]
· 1 likes ·
probably the most failed attempt to stirr some troubles in forums -.- - Ceb [68232] Committee
· 1 likes ·
wtf, how could you say such a thing?? do you have a soul at all you emotional terrorist?
Anyone care to tell me why you don't believe in God? I want good reasons and no long answers. And nothing about Agnosticism. Asking if you believe is a yes or no question.
Personally I do believe. But if your looking for people to explain themselves on why they don't. & your not willing to look at "long answers" . Can you really call that a debate? How can you discuss history debunking myth's & scientific facts with just a meh or yeah?
[:tired:]
Science. Pure and simple.
cause when I look at my sheep and they decide to eat some frops and then go hurdling around and then knocking over small trees to eat leaves and then deciding to do headbutting dances 2v2-style, I actually think believing in any god is kind of like relishing a brown paper bag with what may be quarter pounder with cheese and a side of sweet potatoe fries or it could be a mickey of whiskey or it could even be a steaming pile of dog poo. Some times we just look at things and want them to be more then they are when the reality is there's nothing to it.
#nihilism4lyfe
no. all the sky pixies and religious superheroes are just the result of religious 'wise men' writing fairy tales a few thousand years ago.
i really am afraid to spell it out so brutally, all the stuff which religious people/cult members believe in is just the result of indoctrination/conditioning.
you might as well live your life by the lord of the rings, its the same thing fairy tales are fairy tales.
just because 'everybody' thinks about this and worries about it a lot doesnt mean its true. and yes that does mean a LOT of people have wasted a LOT of their life/energy thinking about sky pixies which dont exist.
I like to think myself pretty open minded about these kind of things. If any God Squad member (of any faith) can show me the slightest drip of proof that any form of God exists then I may change my mind.
Just because it is written in a book does not mean it is true. It is, however, a growing £multi-billion business and a great way to control the masses.
common sense and science.
This wont be long. So biggest religion Christianity was (invented) about 2000 years ago.... So all the people before that go to hell because They believed the wrong religion...
Or how about God is all powerful and he made us in his image then whey does he not care what happens to us. He has the power to stop all suffering yet he wont. So hes either not all powerful so not a god, or hes a psychopath and enjoys seeing us suffer in which case not a good god.
Why is this debate in the politics and law forum?
Because I stopped believing in fairy stories along time ago and took responsability for my own life...
Moved... [:sick:]
I'd like to take a moment to point out that agnosticism doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Agnostics either believe in God or they don't. They just don't claim to have definitive proof or knowledge. 99.9999% certain, sure. Agnosticism isn't a third option to theism or atheism.
I don't believe in any gods for the same reason that you don't believe in the Greek gods, Roman gods, Norse gods, or Celtic gods. There's no proof and no reason to believe in it.
Who knows? We could all be wrong and Cthulhu might come and gobble up our planet tomorrow.
First of all I can't answer a "why" question with yes or no. I don't really believe because obviously no proof, but also I don't really care. I don't know if He exists or not, and for as far as I know it shouldn't matter whether I believe or not. If He does exist and is mad about me not believing I'll prolly find out some way, whether during my life or after it. But he could also not give a shit about me not believing and just be like whatever, you do you, it wouldn't change a thing.
I don't see why I'd add something to my life that takes up time and headspace when it doesn't change a thing.
No, that's not what agnosticism means.
Agnostics simply accept that there is no satisfactory way of deciding the existence of a God or gods, one way or the other. That's it.
When you decide that you don't find this position emotionally satisfying enough, then you spend the last few years of your life writing The God Delusion and smugly referring to yourself as a Bright (despite having acknowledged that the only scientifically honest position is agnosticism in one throwaway paragraph somewhere around page 100).
Meanwhile, the agnostics are happily getting on with their lives, and only rarely bothering to respond to trollbait threads like this one.
Also, for the record, mighty Cthulhu doesn't give an inky squid shit whether you believe in him or not. In the end, he's going to eat everyone anyways.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Cthulhu fhtagn!
I think that you need to define God first. I believe in a God, but not necessarily a guy up in the sky who gets mad at us when we screw up. I look at God as more of a collection of the laws of Thermodynamics, Kinetics, Quantum Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Relativity, and Gravity. They all combine in a way which makes life possible.
I think you said more eloquently what I was trying to say. (Especially in regards to Cthulhu.)
Agnostism is nothing to do with belief. It's a lack of knowledge. You can be agnostic atheist, agnostic theist, agnostic I-don't-give-a-shit.
My only point is that agnostic isn't like a third option on a three point spectrum.
Double double post post
Sure it is. It's just that a lot of people are very uncomfortable with the concept of the unknowable.
"Agnostic" theists or atheists are really just theists or atheists having a crisis of faith.
no ... why? i feel no need for it
good and short enough for you?
If you care it should be up to you to tell others why you do, not the other way around, cause frankly they shouldn't care what you think of their beliefs.
probably the most failed attempt to stirr some troubles in forums -.-
God spelt backwards is Dog.. I love dogs.