Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Facebook Lite

Started by Im_Not_Steve [2009776] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 46 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100
Im_Not_Steve [2009776]

Hi. I get this "Register" message when I try to play TC on Facebook--I'm already registered. I responded to another thread about this issue but was asked to start a new thread by an admin, so here it is. Thank you! There is this error in the console code, but I don't know if that means anything:

?code=AQCA3_Jr6UkwzNXTeFPsJTWxFEQNFJokHVGetcOcbrIPB2BjLpZiWhbdfK4cgU_hPPohBQUr7U6oNNsYwxIMMXK5AxegU:51 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of null(anonymous function) @ ?code=AQCA3_Jr6UkwzNXTeFPsJTWxFEQNFJokHVGetcOcbrIPB2BjLpZiWhbdfK4cgU_hPPohBQUr7U6oNNsYwxIMMXK5AxegU:51

Running on:

Acer Chromebook
Chrome browser
No active browswer extensions except Chromecast

Version 53.0.2785.103 (64-bit)
Platform 8530.81.0 (Official Build) stable-channel gnawty
Firmware Google_Gnawty.5216.239.34


aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

Can I ask you to try to clean cookies first and id this will not help - try another browser so we can check, if this is browser related issue or not.
Im_Not_Steve [2009776]

Ok. Cleared all cookies/cache on Chrome, retried, same error. I can't use any other browser on my Chromebook, so I tried on my iPhone through Safari. Same register message. Cleared Safari cache, got "The Page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page." I tried to load the page several more times on iPhone and it wouldn't load.



Im_Not_Steve [2009776]

I also have iOS 10 on iPhone SE.

Two interesting points about loading from iPhone safari. I only get the error message I quoted above if I click on "Torn City" from my recent searches. Perhaps because I cleared cookies? If I type out "Torn City" in its entirety and then click on it, the following happens:

I wish I could take a video screen shot, when my phone tries to load the page it gets stuck in a loading/reloading cycle. The progress loading bar makes it about 25% of the way across the screen, then reloads and tries again. Never makes it. Just keeps trying over and over again. Finally ends up at 504 Gateway Time-out.