Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

PlayStation VR System

Started by John_Wick [2000701] on in Gaming.

3 replies · 34 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
John_Wick [2000701]

Guys, I know its insanely expencive but the PS4 VR System rocks.
Its like looking through diving goggles but one actially is some place else. Like vacation. The headset is quite comfortable, the resolution could be higher but is sufficient for a start. Personally, I have no problems but some people who tested the system experienced indispositon while playing games which require movement. The brain has difficulties dealing with those informations while the body is sitting. The games available at the moment are not that awesome, Sony announced to launch 50 games until the end of the year. Right now 'PlayStation VR Worlds' is the only game I can recommend. It features several mini games of different genres including for example a ball game which is played with the head, an awesome gangster story (plus shooting stand) and a real scary dive with a shark attack. One needs a PS 4, a PS VR Headset, a PS Camera and 2 PS Move Motion Controllers. I'm sure the price will drop for christmas, so if you are already thinking about it just wait and see XD
samuel_nk [1314023]

i don't think i am ready to invest 400 or 500 dollars in new VR sony technology yet. i know they will still make like a VR 2 or something like that. By then i will be ready
CatHead [1581564]

I agree with this sentiment.

I also want to see just how much of it is just novelty... If I'm dropping that much money on it, I don't want to just have a sries of 30 min games or 'experiences' that don't offer anything interesting.
John_Wick [2000701]

It is wise not to stretch oneself for new technology.
Although the system has teething troubles, I can still recommend it - especially to people who have waited years and years for something like that to come out - like me.

A few days ago something interesting loomed on the horizon: Call Of Duty launched a demo. Like all the others it is for free. One can fight a few minutes in space while having a nice view on planet earth. It is a well done simulation - not some arcade shooter. If this shows what kind of games are coming in the future, one better starts saving money now.

For those Torn citizens who have family and think about getting a PS VR Set this year: many of the games are appropriate for kids. Even for girls. However, one has to take good care of the headset. The light protection breaks lose to easily and it is an annoying fiddly work to get it back in place.