Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Night mode

Started by RaveN1591 [1942998] on in Suggestions.

10 replies · 139 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
29
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

RaveN1591 [1942998]

I didn't really had the problem for some time, but after waking up in the middle of the night, I turned Torn on.

The problem is, that Torn is using a white/grey colour palette and with a minimal use of black. A lot of people use computers daily and use black/night modes, because it strains the eyes and after a while it is painful to watch the screen.

Would it be possible to add a night mode that uses dark shades and black? Preferably is should be switchable in the settings.

Edit 2: So people don't seem to understand what night mode is. It is essentially a black colour palette for the website. It got it's name because in the dark looking at a white monitor blinds you and hurts your eyes. Look at nexus mods forums, it is black and and doesn't cause eye strain.

Edit 3: Bogie suggested to install f.lux. If you don't know it, it is basically a program that shifts the colours and removes blue tint from the monitor. Incredibly useful when doing stuff in the night.
Shafz [1722984]

ive had this problem, but if you think about it, night for you might not be night for me

so i dont think this is possible unless you put location settings on torn, but thats a massive hassle

so ill hold my rate
RaveN1591 [1942998]

It should be switchable, meaning if you want to to have it all day, you can. It is retarded to have it bound to time zones, but I see what you mean.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Install f.lux on your computer.

I have this and cannot use any device at night without it now, it removes the blue light over time as it turns to night. It will look weirdly orange the first few times you use it, but it's incredibly good when you get used to it for making your computer screen less painful on your eyes... plus helps you sleep better as the blue light isn't keeping you alert when using a screen at night.
InternatBstrd [2013147]

I use f.lux, too. There is an open source alternative called red shift.

Nevertheless I would really love to have a dark theme! The themes for stylish do not really work.
InternatBstrd [2013147]

I use dark themes throughout the day. I am a windows phone user ;)
On reddit, youtube google et cetera I use dark themes on my pc too. Just find it more eye friendly.
1982214 [1982214]

Please stop being unreasonable. Torn is real life.

I think a night mode is a great idea as I have large 27" monitors and at 0400, it gets pretty bright.
Alexjeff [2053975]

I found way you could invert colors on your computer, so any white will become black. Also it makes torn look cool.

On windows only.

Open up the app magnifier. If you have windows 10, you can search for it, otherwise I don't know how to find it.

Then click on the gear for customization.

Check the box "Turn on color inversion".

TADA! now torn is in night mode.
MikePence [2029670]

I use a program called f.lux that adjusts your computer's hue based on the time of day. So in the middle of the night, instead of inverting the colors, it makes your screen progressively yellower, as opposed to the blue light you see during the day time. I think it's pretty useful