Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Auslogics Speedboost

Started by AwakeNoWokeFail [79965] on in Technology.

2 replies · 23 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
8 / 100
Story score
22 / 100
Engagement score
34 / 100
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]

Do not let that software anywhere near your pc. When you try to delete it, it bricks your pc. It took me 2 days to get my desktop back up and running.
I still like the free software they have...duplicate file finder, disk defrag and registry repair. Those are good, safe to use programs.

Speedboost said it would make a restore point at install, it didn't. It deleted all my restore points and left me with only the restore point from when I got my pc...2 1/2 years ago.

It was corrupted and somehow turned my pc into a brick. I'm currently running a version of Windows that isn't 'genuine' because I couldn't find the damn box the disc came in to get the key.

So I ordered a new disc from Amazon because Microcrap (damn, I just flamed Microsoft...will Duke report me?) doesn't support 7 now.

edit: and I couldn't just buy a new key from Microsoft online.
Jobby [1640111]

Aaaah... the joy's of clicking that 'Speed up your PC' button.....lol...it used to be a huge part of my income fixing them,

...As to the windows key..I use 'Hiren'...you can download the utilities and one of them will pull the key for you. (I find it quicker than the manual filddle way)