Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing XP

Started by punkflavoredpi [198228] on in Racing.

12 replies · 249 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
punkflavoredpi [198228]

Is XP based on time or distance driven? 100 laps of Speedway definitely gives less xp than 100 laps of docks, but not 1/4 as much (the time difference) which makes me think it's distance. Or maybe it's more complex. Can anyone confirm?
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

I think distance is more important than time.

Otherwise, running a stock class E car for 100 laps on Docks would give more experience than running the same 100 laps using a maxed out A class car, since it would take a lot more time. That just wouldn't make much sense.


Arthur_Morgan [2025279]

I'm on lap 35/100 of Parkland for my 1st race ever in a Honda Civic and I'm at 1.00 Driver Skill.. hope it goes up more than that for 100 laps, cuz this is taking forever.
Arthur_Morgan [2025279]

yea just saw this and posting here to figure it out more. I got .3 gain off 8 laps of stone park class E, 2nd race 4th place. So a gain of 1 point of driving skill is actually a really good thing?
-Battousai- [1066247]

hi. i am currently racing in A class. my driver skill is 9.36 and i can't get it to 10. what should i do? race with stock cars or maxed?
Timoteo32 [530518]

This is a really interesting question. I assume it is distance too, but it still brings up a good point. A track that is shorter but faster will give less DS per race, but MORE per hour in RL time.

So I guess the optimal decision is based whether you're sitting at your computer or going to bed.