Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

IRC

Started by Prdoch [1879708] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 75 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Prdoch [1879708]

I play Torn for almost 2 yrs , I have never used IRC and I don't intend to do so. What am I missing and what's role of IRC in Torn, when there is chat, forums and so on?
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

My personal experience in IRC chat, it is faster and you can have a group of people so if you wanted people who liked you to chat together you would have #Prdochat or whatever you wanted to call it and anyone who added that channel could speak to you and others.

There are also giveaways in certain channels.

And bots to help with chaining and flowers and other stuff but I have no experience of this.
Winged_Cougar [1993598]

If you find yourself sitting around "playing" Torn with nothing else to do, join Torn IRC channels #luckylotto, #party, #purge, #noob_kingdom, and #duckpond. These channels host free lotteries, which can be a huge help to a new player.

In the past month, I've seen several lotteries for ~30-50 million. Lottos between 100k and 5mil are far more common, but that's still a ton of money being given away, all day, every day.

That's not counting the factions who use IRC as a primary "hangout" of which I suspect there are several(mine does).
ChillySpunc [1905415]

Gone are the days of channels owned by horny middle aged women where huge lottos would take place at the expense of the horny little men/boys - Oh, how we miss that.

There really isn't much of a community on IRC, but if you're looking for a good laugh or a little discussion try #Purge they don't seem too fussed about censorship in there and they seem to actually have a sense of humour.

Not really much point going on there for giveaways, the channels that do decent lottos are dead most of the day and they are no fun.

Really if you used it when you first started you would have enjoyed some huge lottos and maybe got to see the tits of middle aged women but now it's just a place where factions hide out and the odd troll brightens your day.